Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Run 2 DSL modems?

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 awwitsok

awwitsok

• Members
  • 8 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:40 AM

Posted 15 July 2005 - 06:13 AM

:thumbsup:

Is it possible to run 2 dsl modems on the same phone line, with out having to disconnect one of them to give the other full access. And networking is not an option, as one is upstairs in an apartment, and the other is downstairs. I have had them on a network before, but, with my move I cannot run an Ethernet cord, either throughout the floor or walls. I have thought about going wireless, but that is rather expensive.
Thanks for any ideas.

1.3gh Celleron
512MB ram
XP home Sp1
Trendmicro
Adaware
CWshredder

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Snapper

Snapper

• Members
  • 550 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:40 PM

Posted 15 July 2005 - 04:45 PM

no is not possible, unless you incurr the great expense of having your phone company set you up digital, where you can have several logical lines off 1 physical line. 802.11g router--69.99 and up,and a pci 802.11g w/s card is only-59.99 and up. that is not too bad for a one time fee. beats the hell outta the other alternative!!
Google...Google.....browse..read

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users