Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Virus? Causing windows to crash

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 tbone07

tbone07

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:58 AM

Posted 09 August 2009 - 12:48 PM

Windows XP Home Edition

Hello

I was surfing the web a few days ago, clicked on a link and my computer became infected with what I believe is a virus. When I noticed the virus or malware I performed a system scan using Norton Anti Virus and it detected threats (I don’t recall which ones) and stated that the threats had been quarantined or disabled and prompted me to restart the computer. After restart windows came up for a few seconds then crashed to a blue screen basically saying: “A problem has been detected and windows has been shut down to prevent damage to your computer. If this is the first time you’ve seen this stop error screen, restart your computer. If this screen appears again remove any recently installed software including back-up utilities or disk-intensive applications. You may need to use safe mode to remove or disable components.” It lists a code with this screen that is: ***stop 0x0000003F (0x00000000, 0x00000000, 0x00000054, 0x0000CC3C) I tried restarting and the same thing occurred. When this blue screen appears I have no control on my computer (no response), it is just stuck on that screen. I have to cut the power to turn the computer off.

I have tried to start the computer in safe mode and it also crashes to a blue screen. Again I have and can get no response from the computer at this point. There is a code listed with this screen that is: ***stop 0x0000007B, (0x0F791B524, 0xC0000034, 0x00000000, 0x00000000)

I can’t create a Pseudo HJT report to post.

I have no idea had to proceed to or how to get my computer to respond at this point. Any help will be greatly appreciated.

I am using my computer at work so I may not be able to respond to advice quickly.

Thanks again.

Edited by The weatherman, 09 August 2009 - 01:18 PM.
Moved from XP to a more appropriate forum. Tw

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users