Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Everything suddenly sloooow

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Angrywasp

Angrywasp

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:41 PM

Posted 09 August 2009 - 12:38 PM

I have a Dell Inspiron 1720 with Vista SP1. I got a virus about 2 weeks ago and re installed Vista. Everything worked fine for a week, then the computer became slow at some point. I use the computer for music production so I noticed everything slowed down because my projects were suddenly overloading the system.

Anyway, I have tried to work what is wrong. I have scanned with Kaperksy, Ad Aware, Spybot and not found anything. I have checked device manager and everything is working fine. There is plenty of space on the hard disk. I have checked programs running at startup and disabled any unnecessary. I have checked disks for errors.

So what else could it be? And everything worked fine for a week after re installing the operating system, then everything seemed to suddenly slow down. I had been installing a lot of software, but only programs I had on before I re installed the operating system.

Any help appreciated

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 garmanma

garmanma

Computer Masochist

• Members
  • 27,809 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:41 AM

Posted 09 August 2009 - 01:49 PM

I had been installing a lot of software, but only programs I had on before I re installed the operating system.

How did you accomplish that?
If you used a back up drive, perhaps it was infected?
Mark
Posted Image
why won't my laptop work?

Having grandkids is God's way of giving you a 2nd chance because you were too busy working your butt off the 1st time around
Do not send me PMs with problems that should be posted in the forums. Keep it in the forums, so everyone benefits
Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook and Twitter

#3 Angrywasp

Angrywasp
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:41 PM

Posted 09 August 2009 - 03:10 PM

yeah, a back up drive was involved.

But I have scanned it with Kapersky, Ad Aware and Malwarebytes anti malware and nothing showed up.

You reckon there could be some hidden virus on there or its corrupted or something?

#4 DeathStalker

DeathStalker

• Banned
  • 868 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:41 AM

Posted 09 August 2009 - 04:54 PM

More than likely. Visit the "am I infected" section here.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users