Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

2nd monitor not working with Full Screen Games

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Bassplayer15

Bassplayer15

• Members
  • 76 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:22 PM

Posted 09 August 2009 - 12:22 PM

My second monitor becomes unusable when i try to play a game that is Full Screen. When i go to move my mouse over to the second screen it disappears and i can not click anything. It has also one time been shifted over about 4 inches and the mouse also still did not work on that screen. I have tried updating their drivers by going to their properties and having Windows search for them online. They are both currently up-to-date. It works just fine in windowed mode, but just not fullscreen.

My monitors are both Dell brand. And are Generic PnP monitors.
The resolution is 1280x1024 on both screens which is the highest possible for them.
I am running a NVIDIA Geforce 9600 GSO. With i think 1024MB of Memory.
The color is 32 bit which is the highest for the, and their refresh rate is 75Hertz
Also i am running Windows Vista Home premium. With the most recent updates.
And i run my games at the same resolution i run the monitors at.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Grace is given freely, but respect must be earned.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Sneakycyber

Sneakycyber

Network Engineer

• BC Advisor
  • 6,092 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:22 PM

Posted 17 August 2009 - 04:48 PM

The problem you are having is the games are not allowing you to use both monitors. Check the in game settings and see if they support multiple monitors. If you want to run more than on instance of the game to run a Bot ETC. You need to run the game in Windowed mode. This will allow you to [TAB] in and out of the game to look at maps or run the other character. Be warned though some games frown on this and others won't allow you to do it at all.

Chad Mockensturm 

Systems and Network Engineer

Certified CompTia Network +, A +

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users