Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Port 80 dies after about 5 minutes

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 Tteddo

Tteddo

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:18 PM

Posted 09 August 2009 - 11:59 AM

I have an interesting problem. I have cleaned a computer (Windows XP- SP3) of all of it's viruses and malware (using AVG in another computer, then ComboFix, SDFix in Safe Mode, and manually cleaning the registry and checking Services). I have also uninstalled ZoneAlarm, and restored the TCPIP stack with WinsockFix.
After the problems were all gone now no matter what I do after booting, any web browser only works for about 5 minutes, then when you click to go to another page after that it waits for a bit and then just goes to a blank page and says done in the status bar. I can still go to https pages (port 443) and email and chat programs all work, only port 80 dies.
I ran netstat -ano in a cmd box (TCPView also) and I can watch the SYN go out, but nothing comes back (i.e. it is supposed to come back ESTABLISHED).
I also ran Process Explorer and saw nothing out of the ordinary.
I know the hardware is good as I booted to an Ubuntu CD and everything stayed working for 30 minutes.

I had this on another machine 2 weeks ago (fixed it with Ubuntu!), so I think I'll be seeing it again and would rather not have the only fix being to install Windows to a new directory.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users