Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

In College

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Deresolution

Deresolution

• Members
  • 20 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:55 PM

Posted 09 August 2009 - 09:28 AM

I want to learn Computer programming when i go to College, I want to learn to script, set up stuff, make programs,games,etc

What did you take up? Also was it a very hard course cause i've seen 13 year olds learning computer languages in 1 year?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 groovicus

groovicus

• Security Colleague
  • 9,963 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:55 PM

Posted 09 August 2009 - 09:50 AM

Also was it a very hard course cause i've seen 13 year olds learning computer languages in 1 year?

Learning a computer language is not the same as programming. Programming is a discipline that consists of many different parts; data structures, analysis, algorithms, best practices, and countless other parts. Some of those courses are difficult to understand. The actual act of writing a program is how one practices those skills. the language has nothing to do with it. What part of writing games do you want to do? Do you want to handle the game logic and business rules? Do you want to create the graphics? Do you want to code the user interface? Do you want to handle usability testing? Marketing metrics? There is more to writing a game than just slapping out some code. Ask the 13 year olds on the forum how far they got.

Programming is a broad title, like calling someone a doctor. Just like doctors, programmers generally work in one area. You man want to be a bit more specific in what you want to do other than "set up stuff" because there is no course for that. Anybody can learn to write code. Not everybody can learn to program because it is difficult.

#3 Deresolution

Deresolution
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 20 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:55 PM

Posted 09 August 2009 - 10:10 AM

Well I want to create graphics,I dont know what user interface is but I do want to code I also dont know what game logic or business rules focuses on or Marketing metrics but If you can explain what it does i'll be happy because maybe it can benefit me. Im sorry I dont know much about programming but a lot of people I know just tell me to learn C# or any computer language to start off.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users