Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

windows media player streaming problem

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 atapp21

atapp21

• Members
  • 60 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:51 PM

Posted 09 August 2009 - 07:30 AM

:inlove:My windows media player is acting quirky now. I have hp laptop computer with windows vista on it. I've recently experience a problem my windows media player. Whenever I try to do some some streaming video from the web I constantly get a message stating "Windows Media Player cannot play the file because the specified protocol is either not supported by the Player or not supported by the server." I researched it further and found out the error code number is c00d11bb. What befuddles me is that my older desktop computer with windows xp and and older windows media plays all my streaming videos fine, from the same sites. I want to just reload my windows media player but since my computer did not come with a disk I don't know how I would do it. Now is there a quick fix to this problem or must I reload windows media player? All help is appreciated.

Thanks in advance. :huh:
Yours Truly,
Tapdiggity

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Mysterysgames

Mysterysgames

• Members
  • 159 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:51 PM

Posted 09 August 2009 - 07:39 AM

Microsoft suggests 3 methods that you could try :huh: