Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

INTEL CPU HELP !!!!!! PLEASE !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 sklig

sklig

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:12 AM

Posted 09 August 2009 - 04:56 AM

HI everyone, this is my first time in the forum and would like to say hello to all,the problem is i want to upgrade my CPU,i have a Gateway 524 GB, the motherboard is a Intel DG15GAG,the CPU is a Intel Pentium 4,3.20 gig HT 64 bit,LGA 775 socket. I
have already upgraded the graphics card and the ram,i have been in touch with the GATEWAY support,but they refuse to give me any technical help unless i pay up front,(which i refuse to do) so can anyone advise me to which CPU i can upgrade to or would it be more economic for me to get a MOBO bundle kit. I would appreciate any help in anyway.PS.just for the record my RAM is 3 gig DDR2 corsair,Graphics card is Nvidia GeForce 8600GT 256 MB. and i am running Windows XP. Ser pack 2.....
Regards SKLIG....................................

:thumbsup:

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 DJBPace07

DJBPace07

• BC Advisor
  • 4,869 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:12 AM

Posted 09 August 2009 - 03:40 PM

I've done some reasearch. Apparently, you cannot update the CPU on that motherboard due to the age. This computer was designed for the U.K. market and released in late 2005. From everything that I've seen, there are no other compatible CPU's for that computer. Here are your motherboard specifications. Here is the resource page for your computer. The only way you can use a new CPU is to replace the CPU, motherboard, and RAM.

3939.png

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users