Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

AntiVir Guard constant detection!

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 hellonikki

hellonikki

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:37 PM

Posted 08 August 2009 - 11:21 PM

hi i use avira antivir personal - free edition and recently a certain file:

C:\WINDOWS\system32\tblikeng.dll

keeps setting off the guard but only when i boot my laptop. it has been listed as a TR/Crypt.ZPACK.Gen., so at first i told avira to delete the file, that didn't work - the guard was still being set off. then i tried deny access still the same thing. then i said move it to quarantine that didn't work either. So then i tried ignoring it and that was still a no go.

i tried manually deleting the file but then it just came back. Am i infected or is it just a false positive?

i also tried searching the file on the internet for more info but no search results came up.

i don't know what to do, can anyone help?

thanks

Edited by boopme, 09 August 2009 - 10:03 AM.
Moved from XP to Am I Infected~~boopme

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Wendy K. Walker

Wendy K. Walker

• Members
  • 633 posts
  •  
  • Location:In The Treeline 300 Yards Behind You, Tracking Your Every Move Through A Sniper Scope
  • Local time:11:37 PM

Posted 09 August 2009 - 03:01 AM

Hi hellonikki, Welcome to Bleeping Computer help forums.

It could be a ligit file that keeps regenerating its self, however, just to be on the safe side why don't you ask this same question over "Here" ? They have people in that forum who are more up to date on that stuff than I am.

EDITED: Do you by any chance use a program called TrueCrypt?

Good Luck,

Wendy

Edited by Wendy K. Walker, 09 August 2009 - 03:09 AM.

TRUST NO ONE...! EXCEPT For The Beloved Computer Geek Helping You In The MALWARE FORUMS.

Do Unto Others Before They Have A Chance To Do Unto You.

HP Pavilion 512n [Rescued from a pile of trash on the side of the road] 128 MB SDRAM, 60 GB Hard Drive, Windows XP, Home Edition, SP3, COMODO Anti Vitus and Firewall.

#3 bluesjunior

bluesjunior

• Members
  • 761 posts
  •  

Posted 09 August 2009 - 03:34 AM

It is a false positive. there is a whole thread on it over at the Avira forums. It was something to do with an update they made the week before last.
http://forum.avira.com/wbb/index.php?page=...;threadID=95681

Edited by bluesjunior, 09 August 2009 - 03:36 AM.

Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-MA770T-UD3, CPU: AMD Athlon II X3 450 Processor, Memory: OCZ 4GB (2x2GB) DDR3 1333MHz,Graphics: PowerColor HD 5750 1GB GDDR5,
PSU: Corsair 430W CX PSU 4x SATA 1x PCI-E, Hard Drive:Samsung SpinPoint F3 500GB Hard Drive SATAII 7200rpm 16MB Cache.

#4 hellonikki

hellonikki
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  

Posted 09 August 2009 - 11:37 PM

EDITED: Do you by any chance use a program called TrueCrypt?

thanks wendy and yes i did a little search on it but apparently it was once a virus so i thought since i dont really know what am doing i should leave it.

It is a false positive. there is a whole thread on it over at the Avira forums. It was something to do with an update they made the week before last.
http://forum.avira.com/wbb/index.php?page=...;threadID=95681

i read the thread but the file im talking about isn't the one they mentioned so i'm not sure it still applies?

however, i did send the file over to avira and i am waiting for their response.

Thanks Wendy and Blues,
Much appreciated.

#5 Wendy K. Walker

Wendy K. Walker

• Members
  • 633 posts
  •  
  • Location:In The Treeline 300 Yards Behind You, Tracking Your Every Move Through A Sniper Scope

Posted 12 October 2009 - 02:22 AM

Hi hellonikki,

So did you ever get your problem fixed?

The TrueCrypt program that I was asking about is not a virus. It is a pretty sneaky disk encryption tool that you can use to hide and encrypt files on your hard drive.

You can find more information on it, and download it "Here". If you do decide to give it a go be sure to practice with some trash files and folders before stashing anything good in it.

:thumbsup: I say that because the first time I tried it I actually lost my first practice folder in it.

Good Luck,

Wendy
TRUST NO ONE...! EXCEPT For The Beloved Computer Geek Helping You In The MALWARE FORUMS.

HP Pavilion 512n [Rescued from a pile of trash on the side of the road] 128 MB SDRAM, 60 GB Hard Drive, Windows XP, Home Edition, SP3, COMODO Anti Vitus and Firewall.

#6 hellonikki

hellonikki
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  

Posted 21 October 2009 - 12:07 PM

Hey again,
sorry its been a while.

No it wasn't fixed still does that on occasion and now its extended to files in my usb stick's recycler. It's very annoying.

I have truecrypt, im guessing i should hide the file that keeps setting off the detection tool right?

Thanks,
Nikki

#7 Wendy K. Walker

Wendy K. Walker

• Members
  • 633 posts
  •  

Posted 24 October 2009 - 09:41 PM

Hi hellonikki,

Sorry to hear that you still have that problem. Maybe you should try going back over to the Avira Support Forum and READING the reply that Barrie left for you Boo.

Remember the post titled "double whammy: annoying file and scan warnings?" that you made there asking for help?

Later Gator,

Wendy

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users