Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

the best external hard drive???

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 torres87

torres87

• Members
  • 16 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:39 AM

Posted 08 August 2009 - 09:26 PM

where can i get a high capacity external hard drive for a low cost

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Moby Purple

Moby Purple

• Members
  • 97 posts
  •  

Posted 09 August 2009 - 07:18 PM

TigerDirect.com is good, newegg.com., amazon.com (Disclaimer: I don't work for them, no affiliation whatsoever, other than a long-time customer).

Not to give you a smart-a$$ answer, but they are all good until they go bad. I've got a 250 GB LaCie, and a 500 GB Fantom, never had a problem with either one. Western Digital's are tried and true, same for Seagate and Maxtor. Find one that interests you and read the reviews, see what other people say about them. I would definitely stay away from anything over 1 TB, some techs say don't go larger than 750 GB, problems have occurred with these really larger ones.

#3 Schwinnstingray1964

Schwinnstingray1964

• Members
  • 54 posts
  •  

Posted 09 August 2009 - 11:05 PM

You kidding? I love my 1tb External Maxtor.

All the MP3's and MPEG's i can handle, and then some.
::'00 Thinkpad:::'09 Aspire One:::'07 WL1:::'10 SS2::

If its got two B's its for me. BlackBerry for ever.

"The problem is not that we have too many fools, it's that the lightning isn't distributed right."

--White Lightning 1 & The Silver Surfer 2-- Anybody for TF2???

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users