Hello BirdieCBC and
You have a rootkit on your system.
Please install RootRepealNote
: Vista users
,, right click on desktop icon and select "Run as Administrator."
Disconnect from the Internet
- Go HERE, HERE, or HERE and download RootRepeal.zip to your Desktop.
or physically unplug your Internet cable connection.Close all open programs
, scheduling/updating tasks and background processes that might activate during the scan including the screensaver.
your anti-virus and real-time anti-spyware protection.
After starting the scan, do not use the computer
until the scan has completed.
When finished, re-enable
your anti-virus/anti-malware (or reboot) and then you can reconnect
to the Internet.
- Extract RootRepeal.exe from the zip archive.
- Open on your desktop.
- At the top of the window, click Settings, then Options.
- Click the Ssdt & Shadow Ssdt Tab.
- Make sure the box next to "Only display hooked functions." is checked.
- Click the "X" in the top right corner of the Settings window to close it.
- Click the tab.
- Click the button.
- Check all seven boxes:
- Push Ok
- Check the box for your main system drive (Usually C:), and press Ok.
- Allow RootRepeal to run a scan of your system. This may take some time.
- Once the scan completes, push the button. Save the log to your desktop, using a distinctive name, such as RootRepeal.txt. Include this report in your next reply, please.
~BladeIn your next reply, please include the following:RootRepeal log