Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Can i add a chat room to my site

• Please log in to reply
20 replies to this topic

#1 infa_red

infa_red

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:50 PM

Posted 07 September 2004 - 11:56 PM

i run a radio stream once in a while and i wanted to know if i could get a chat room like the one on this site so people that are listening could come in and talk id appreciate it if someone could reply asap thanks

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 phawgg

phawgg

Learning Daily

• Members
  • 4,543 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:50 AM

Posted 08 September 2004 - 12:06 AM

Infa Red my reply is: "I don't know" I'm interested, and hope to hear more about it. Try googling some combinations of words. Welcome Aboard the BC. :thumbsup:

Edited by phawgg, 08 September 2004 - 12:06 AM.

patiently patrolling, plenty of persisant pests n' problems ...

#3 cowsgonemadd3

cowsgonemadd3

Feed me some spyware!

• Banned
  • 4,557 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:50 PM

Posted 08 September 2004 - 07:58 AM

I know how I got one on my site! Check my site out and tell me if my chat is what you want! My Webpage Go to the bar on your right and hit chat room you must have JAVA....... I know of lots of places for web tools and such just ask me!

Ok for starters heres a place to get a free java chat for your site or a custom made one exc.......Take a look. Chat rooms

This one is even better no plugins required it says! Also says been around since 1996 and the free one has 100 person capacity the one above has 10 on there free one! Try this out its free! Best chat rooms free

Edited by cowsgonemadd3, 08 September 2004 - 08:10 AM.

#4 ColdinCbus

ColdinCbus

• Members
  • 312 posts
  •  

Posted 08 September 2004 - 08:47 AM

You sure can. Here are some PHP ones. http://www.hotscripts.com/PHP/Scripts_and_...s/Chat_Scripts/

Depending on your hosting service, some of them have a chat script already on the server and all you need to do is turn it on.

#5 Grinler

Grinler

Lawrence Abrams

• Admin
  • 43,614 posts
  •  

Posted 08 September 2004 - 11:13 AM

As ColdinCbus stated you can use a php script to add basic chat functionality to your site.

If you wanted to get more feature filled chat channels you can also register an irc channel for your site. Users can then access the site via an IRC client or through a java script you place on your website.

Some IRC Networks that allow you to register your own channel include:

Freenode.net

WyldRyde

DixieSys

#6 infa_red

infa_red
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 08 September 2004 - 05:44 PM

I know how I got one on my site! Check my site out and tell me if my chat is what you want! My Webpage Go to the bar on your right and hit chat room you must have JAVA....... I know of lots of places for web tools and such just ask me!

Ok for starters heres a place to get a free java chat for your site or a custom made one exc.......Take a look. Chat rooms

This one is even better no plugins required it says! Also says been around since 1996 and the free one has 100 person capacity the one above has 10 on there free one! Try this out its free! Best chat rooms free

yeah thats the one i want the one on your page or one of those ones you could join in mirc like the chatroom they have on www.teamxbox.com

thanks

#7 Grinler

Grinler

Lawrence Abrams

• Admin
  • 43,614 posts
  •  

Posted 08 September 2004 - 06:23 PM

Register a channel at one of three networks I gave above and then download and install a java applet like PJIRC

#8 infa_red

infa_red
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 08 September 2004 - 06:39 PM

Register a channel at one of three networks I gave above and then download and install a java applet like PJIRC

how do i install it onto my site? i dont know to much about html if its possible could somebody do it for me i'd appreciate it thanks if you have msn my email is infa_red007_at_hotmail.com

#9 cowsgonemadd3

cowsgonemadd3

Feed me some spyware!

• Banned
  • 4,557 posts
  •  

Posted 08 September 2004 - 08:13 PM

Hey grinler is my little sites ok or are they no good. I mean my links for free chats. I guess you know what your doing(not trying to steal any glory lol just curious). Infa-red myself I just started website building myself and no very little but hey more than I did a week ago........ You can get java applet at java.com I think I saw them there??

#10 Grinler

Grinler

Lawrence Abrams

• Admin
  • 43,614 posts
  •  

Posted 08 September 2004 - 09:49 PM

CGM, your method is fine, I just prefer a chat channel which I have more control over. Granted its more difficult to manage

#11 cowsgonemadd3

cowsgonemadd3

Feed me some spyware!

• Banned
  • 4,557 posts
  •  

Posted 09 September 2004 - 07:57 AM

Thats fine I was just curious(I mean you run a chat thing on this site and all im new at it thanks)

#12 YODA

YODA

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  

Posted 11 September 2004 - 08:01 AM

infa_red....Don't want to butt in here but if you can I would edit that email address unless you want spamBots picking up on it.. any time you want to give an email addy in an open forum do it this way

infa_red007_at_hotmail.com leaving out the @ symbol anyone that knows about bots will automatically change it back to the correct addy before sending you an email...

#13 phawgg

phawgg

Learning Daily

• Members
  • 4,543 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:50 AM

Posted 02 October 2004 - 10:33 PM

YODA, good tip. We need all the help we can get to avoid problems around here. :thumbsup:
patiently patrolling, plenty of persisant pests n' problems ...

#14 EdBee

EdBee

• Members
  • 208 posts
  •  

Posted 03 October 2004 - 10:37 AM

Phwagg/Yoda,

I'm confused re your suggest about modifying the E-address. The one the originator looks the same as yours--did he edit after your suggest? I believe not showing the"@" in the address wiil foil (hopefully) the auto E-address grabbers. Is this what the post concerns? Can someone elaborate on this very timely topic.. Off topic- :thumbsup: Senate has passed some kind of bill"outlawing" malware--I bet there are malware makers out there now ROFL ing big time.
EDBEE from NMUSA- RENOWNED MALWARE FIGHTER AND SWORN ENEMY OF ALL INTERNET HIJACKERS

#15 Grinler

Grinler

Lawrence Abrams

• Admin
  • 43,614 posts
  •  

Posted 03 October 2004 - 04:35 PM

Yes removing the @ is that spambots cant find the email.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users