Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

One WinXP rookie's desktop helper.

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Dave Binko

Dave Binko

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:40 PM

Posted 08 August 2009 - 02:16 PM

I'm a rookie so this is technically uninspiring, but it serves me well. For my convenience, I added a desktop shortcut to
System Restore in Win XP. For perspective, I only recently achieved this level of ability. It's trivially easy: use Search Companion to find a file path, and trace it to the appropriate file. I found three paths in my computer and used the least exotic looking one. I may be the exception, but a one-click access to System Restore is a real convenience for me.

Dave Binko

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Andrew

Andrew

Bleepin' Night Watchman

• 8,250 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:40 PM

Posted 09 August 2009 - 08:37 PM

That could be rather handy!

Just make sure that the shortcut points to: C:\WINDOWS\system32\restore\rstrui.exe :thumbsup:

#3 BAKERSFIELDBOY211

BAKERSFIELDBOY211

• Members
  • 21 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:40 AM

Posted 16 October 2012 - 01:41 PM

I use restore 2-5 a year, If that, I cant belive someone usese it so much thay need a shortcut. Wow !

#4 Plumber

Plumber

• Members
  • 409 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:40 AM

Posted 17 October 2012 - 07:19 AM

I can't vouch for the way Dave uses restore but as for myself I try different things to learn about my computer.I am not all that savvy about computers but seems to me that if you don't experiment you cannot learn.System Restore has saved me more often than not.Mine is in my quick launch,just saves a little time as all.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users