Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Outlook Express

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 shell5

shell5

• Members
  • 78 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:06 PM

Posted 14 July 2005 - 10:43 PM

I have received an email from a reputable source :thumbsup: containing movie attachments and Outlook Express will not let me delete.
I got 2 other emails from same person, same movie attachments, same day and they have deleted as normal.
Outlook is running slow as a result, any help would be appreciated,

thanks
:flowers:
shell5

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 jgweed

jgweed

• Members
  • 28,473 posts
  •  

Posted 14 July 2005 - 11:13 PM

You can try completely deleting OE inbox file and then let OE restore it next time you launch the application:

Windows/application data/Identities/ (alphanumeric string)/Microsoft/Outlook Express/inbox.dbx

Regards,
John
Whereof one cannot speak, thereof one should be silent.

#3 shell5

shell5
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 78 posts
  •  

Posted 15 July 2005 - 06:15 AM

Not really sure what you mean and how to delete inbox, can't find all files you mentioned, sorry to sound so computer illiterate.

Have even tried to compact folders and it says it cant do inbox as memory is full, what does this mean. Has also said that there is an error with inbox.dbx file.

shell 5

#4 jgweed

jgweed

• Members
  • 28,473 posts
  •  

Posted 15 July 2005 - 10:49 AM

What I gave you was the file path to the folder. Follow the path (most likely it is on your C: drive) beginning at the Windows folder,until you get to the inbox.dex file,then right click on the file, and delete it.
Regards,
John

Edited by jgweed, 15 July 2005 - 11:00 AM.

#5 shell5

shell5
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 78 posts
  •  

Posted 15 July 2005 - 06:12 PM

Yes I did try to follow the path you gave, when I got to Identities folder there were two alphanumeric folders there but they were both empty. Have done a search for "inbox.dbx", but cant find it. :thumbsup:

shell5

#6 jgweed

jgweed

• Members
  • 28,473 posts
  •  

Posted 15 July 2005 - 07:30 PM

The only explanation that comes to mind is that the file is hidden. Try to unhide the file and then search for it a again.
Cheers,
John

#7 shell5

shell5
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 78 posts
  •  

Posted 16 July 2005 - 09:04 AM

Thanks for your help, I now have an empy Outlook Express Inbox,
thanks

shell5

#8 jgweed

jgweed

• Members
  • 28,473 posts
  •  

Posted 16 July 2005 - 10:51 PM

I am glad this worked for you. I think that OE sometimes fails to empty properly the inbox file, and when it then grows large enough, the size makes manual deleting Emails from the user interface impossible.
Regards,
John

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users