Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

CPU Fan

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Henry101

Henry101

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:36 AM

Posted 08 August 2009 - 09:55 AM

My computer case is really crammed, and because of that, the temperatures inside my case are pretty high, to compensate for that, my cpu fans run at a really high rate, causing a lot of noise (which I can deal with). My question is regarding the speed of my CPU fans. They run normally at 3000rpm when it is not too hot (ie 20C) and when the temperatures get hot (ie 27c), the fan speeds usually goes up to 3500-3700rpm. When I play a really graphics intense game, the speeds usually goes up to 4116rpm (which I presume is the max speed). My question is, are these speeds safe for 24/7 use? My laptop and other computer run at fan speeds no where near as high as the one i'm asking about, but that is only because they are not really stuffed..

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 fairjoeblue

fairjoeblue

• Members
  • 1,594 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:36 AM

Posted 08 August 2009 - 12:02 PM

The fan running full speed shouldn't hurt it.

My CPU fan has been running full speed 24/7 for over a year with very little off time.
OCZ StealthXstream 700W,Gigabyte GA-EP45-UD3R , E8500, Arctic Freezer Pro 7, 3GB G.Skill PC8500,Gigabyte Radeon HD 4850 OC [1GB ], Seagate 250GB SATA II X2 in RAID 0, Samsung SATA DVD burner.

#3 Henry101

Henry101
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:36 AM

Posted 08 August 2009 - 03:37 PM

The fan running full speed shouldn't hurt it.

My CPU fan has been running full speed 24/7 for over a year with very little off time.

Thanks, btw can you tell me what speed your fan runs at (rpm wise) I just want to compare.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users