Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Slow Performance after 'Hibernation Mode' resetted settings.

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 divinesage

divinesage

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:35 PM

Posted 08 August 2009 - 09:15 AM

Hello,

Recently, my laptop went low on power and went into Hibernation Mode. After I plugged the power back into the laptop and woke it up from Hibernation Mode, the startup screen showed that it was not able to restore the current settings and that I would have to use the old settings, so I proceeded with it.

Later on I tried to play some games on my laptop but to my disappointment, every time new graphics data is showed on a screen, for example, when I repeatedly fire from a 'new' weapon which I haven't used since I started up the game today, or meeting new enemies, the laptop will hang up and the sound will skip repeatedly (like a bad CD). This would carry on for about 30 seconds before the game returns to normal. This problem becomes worse when the graphics load becomes more intense, i.e. large numbers of enemies on screen, or going into a new area all of a sudden, as I might encounter a BSOD which reports KERNEL_DATA_INPAGE_ERROR. I have not tried other memory or graphics intensive programs yet, but I do suppose they will spike and lag as per the above problem.

I recognise this problem as an old problem that my laptop once had. I sent it for RMA and the support team informed me that it has got to do with one of the registry settings. They changed the registry settings and it was working fine. Unfortunately I have lost the service report and I'm unable to identify exactly where the problem is after my settings had been resetted as a result of the hibernation.

I would greatly appreciate if there is a way for me to identify where exactly does the problem lie (I'm almost certain it's within the registry). Thanks for any help!!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 divinesage

divinesage
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 09 August 2009 - 09:45 AM

Bumping this because it's been 24 hours already.

I would like to add this as well, this is unrelated to the above problem, which I am still experiencing now. My laptop has about 50 running processes upon startup, I've already attempted to minimise as many programs as possible by running "msconfig". However the strange thing is that there are several of the same processes on the process list. I do want to lower the number of running processes if possible but I just have no idea where to start lest I switch off a wrong process and my system crashes.

#3 garmanma

garmanma

Computer Masochist

• Members
  • 27,809 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:35 AM

Posted 09 August 2009 - 02:02 PM

A corrupted video driver can cause problems with hibernation.
What is the make and model of the laptop?
Mark
Posted Image
why won't my laptop work?

Having grandkids is God's way of giving you a 2nd chance because you were too busy working your butt off the 1st time around
Do not send me PMs with problems that should be posted in the forums. Keep it in the forums, so everyone benefits
Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook and Twitter

#4 divinesage

divinesage
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 09 August 2009 - 09:42 PM

Acer Aspire 5580
Intel Core 2 Duo Processor T5600 (1.83 GHz)
NVIDIA GeForce Go 7300
1 GM DDR 2 RAM

Sorry for not providing this earlier.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users