Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

unexpected shut down

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 marcmelo

marcmelo

• Members
  • 16 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:47 PM

Posted 08 August 2009 - 05:25 AM

can someone help me my pc have problems tech detai
Source
Windows

Summary
Shut down unexpectedly

Date
‎7/‎17/‎2009 4:00 PM

Status
Solution available

Problem signature
Problem Event Name: BlueScreen
OS Version: 6.1.7100.2.0.0.256.1
Locale ID: 1033

Extra information about the problem
BCCode: 124
BCP1: 00000000
BCP2: 85778024
BCP3: B2000000
BCP4: 1040080F
OS Version: 6_1_7100
Service Pack: 0_0
Product: 256_1
Bucket ID: 0x124_GenuineIntel_PROCESSOR_BUS
Server information: e6ecd7f5-17f9-4302-a74d-475eb76c6850

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 ellenjanuary

ellenjanuary

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:47 AM

Posted 11 August 2009 - 03:33 AM

You got more info than I usually do. :thumbup2: I get a laugh out of my event logs, which basically say - Gee. What just happened? :huh:

First thing - if you have an nVidia card, make sure the driver is up to date. Second, if that's four cores I'm seeing; and you're running overclocked, you're going to have problems. Third - beats the heck out of me. :huh:

I've had five or six of these, but usually I skip the blue and go right to black - like, quicker than if I'd pulled the plug. In researching a solution, the first two statements represent the majority of problems and solutions tried. Updating the video card seemed to produce satisfaction for most. Personally, I'm still looking; and right now I'm leaning towards an integral system defect - meaning something that Microsoft is going to have to fix... but I've been running 7 for two months where it has dropped dead six times - but I'm not too worried. If it only happened once, ya got off easy. :inlove: Remember - 7 is not even "real software" yet, so some unexpected behavior is... well, expected. Oh, and the best advice (which I'm personally too lazy to take) is to get rid of that MSBS and put the penguin in there. :crazy:

-unknowing stuff daily-

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users