Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Cannot browse

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 SpaceCandy

SpaceCandy

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:06 PM

Posted 08 August 2009 - 03:38 AM

Hi there, this is my first post so please forgive any faux pas.

I have windows XP SP 2 and for the last few hours I have been unable to browse anything. What happens is this: I click a link or hit a button or whatever and the browser automatically goes back before I can do anything on the page. What's worse this is also true when trying to explore my drives. Double clicking an icon only lets me see it's contents for a second before going back.

Online I can open a new tab that's blank and open any page in it, as well as right click things and open them as new tabs. So it seems that my computer just wants to keep browsers in the same place, but has no qualms opening to anyplace in particular. This probelm occures on firefox, google chrome, IE8, and whatever the little browsery type thing in windows (for c drive and all that) is called.

I ran a complete scan of my system with PC Tools Spyware Doctor, which did turn up the VB.BFP trojan. Removed it, but the problem continues. So I am at a loss.

Thanks for your help!
~Tristan

Edit: Just after writing this the problem stopped. The only thing I did between getting here (when it was still a problem) and now is I ran a DDS scan. Now I'm REALLY at a loss, everything's working fine. Yet, now web pages load slower, but that could just be because I'm on a wireless network that does that sometimes.

Edited by SpaceCandy, 08 August 2009 - 03:45 AM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Andrew

Andrew

Bleepin' Night Watchman

• 8,260 posts
  •  

Posted 08 August 2009 - 04:40 AM

This happens to me sometimes. It always turns out to be just my Backspace key getting stuck in the down position. Next time this happens, try giving the Backspace key a few good, hard jabs to unstick it.

#3 SpaceCandy

SpaceCandy
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  

Posted 08 August 2009 - 05:03 PM

This happens to me sometimes. It always turns out to be just my Backspace key getting stuck in the down position. Next time this happens, try giving the Backspace key a few good, hard jabs to unstick it.

Ahhh, that makes perfect sense. Thanks!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users