Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Spyware/Virus blocking my Antispyware/virus Software

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 shotgunwilly

shotgunwilly

• Members
  • 22 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:52 AM

Posted 07 August 2009 - 10:19 PM

There was one program I could penpoint and target but there are others that I can't. I terminated "Windows Antivirus Pro" (A fake antivirus program infecting my computer) as it doesn't pop up anymore. I download Malwarbytes, set it up, begin a quick scan and almost immediately it closes out with no message. After that, when i try to open it nothing happens. Same with any antispyware software I've attempted to use. They open and try to run the first time, but it's like something is keeping track of them and disallowing it the next time. Even my McAfee Antivirus has been affected. I know I still have problems because I do get occasional random popup advertisements for "antivirus software" or "antispyware software." And my On access McAfee scan is constantly picking up virus/trojan alerts. So theres got to me more culprits, but I'm not sure how to rid them. Any help would be great.

Here's some of the symptoms I face right now, if that helps:
McAfee Virus Scan alerts me of several Trojans. "bxuiii[1].htm", "wmqxklrn.exe", "YYKULYZQQ...", "19.tmp", "1A.tmp" are some examples. It states that they are "Generic FakeAlert.d!gen"

Everytime I reboot, a message pops up that "Windows Explorer has encountered a problem and needs to close. We are sorry for the inconvenience." And another for Generic Host Process for Win32 Services.

Earlier, there were random sound files I have never heard playing at random times after a reboot. Short segments of random nonsense. Everything from game Reviews, to Blabber, to Documentarys.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Budapest

Budapest

Bleepin' Cynic

• 23,579 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:52 PM

Posted 10 August 2009 - 04:31 PM

We Need to check for Rootkits with RootRepeal
  • Download RootRepeal from the following location and save it to your desktop.
  • Extract RootRepeal.exe from the archive.
  • Open Posted Image on your desktop.
  • Click the Posted Image tab.
  • Click the Posted Image button.
  • Check only the Files box: Posted Image
  • Push Ok
  • Check the box for your main system drive (Usually C:), and press Ok.
  • Allow RootRepeal to run a scan of your system. This may take some time.
  • Once the scan completes, push the Posted Image button. Save the log to your desktop, using a distinctive name, such as RootRepeal.txt. Include this report in your next reply, please.

The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who haven't got it.

—George Bernard Shaw

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users