Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Windows defender starting after I click on it

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 nizzy

nizzy

• Members
  • 93 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:28 PM

Posted 07 August 2009 - 07:03 PM

Twice now this has happened, I hear my computer making a noise like its scanning so I check windows defender (because I am curious) and it starts up!
Its made to run at ten at night but these two times were not near that time.
Any reason as to why this happens?
It does not happen everytime I click WD just these two times, Also when it is a schedueled scan it take well over 2 1/2 hours to complete, but if I click scan now it take 50-55 seconds to complete! :thumbsup:

EDIT

I just checked WD and it says that the last time it scanned was 7/8/09 at 23.55 (full system scan)
Yet this is not the time it started the last scan, that was 8/8/09 at 00.56.

I shut down my computer before it had finished scanning (it had scanned for about 30+ mins) but it still should have had that scan as being the last one and not the one before it.

Edited by nizzy, 07 August 2009 - 10:34 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 nizzy

nizzy
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 93 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:28 PM

Posted 11 August 2009 - 07:08 AM

Anyone any ideas?

I set the time for it to scan now at 13.00 and I waited till it was 13.05 then looked at it and it immediately started up! it should have been running for 5 minutes but it did not start till I looked at it 5 minutes after its start time...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users