Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Careers & Certificates in: Network & System security

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Schizo

Schizo

• Members
  • 7 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:51 PM

Posted 07 August 2009 - 05:59 PM

What are some careers in network & system security? I'm well familiar on how to remove & prevent malicious infections. So i'm wondering:

A) What are some careers in technology for Network Security

and

:thumbsup: What are the requirements for them?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 nospam

nospam

• Members
  • 38 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:51 PM

Posted 11 August 2009 - 08:41 PM

There are so many certifications. What are you interested in? Technical like network security or systems administration or digital forensics? Or the management route? If you already have a college degree, that may matter more about getting your foot in the door than obtaining a certification. What country do you live in?

I work in internet security and could try to get the CISSP because I have a few years experience. Depending on your back ground you may need 3-5 years working experience in information security in order to get a CISSP. I believe CISSP is probably the most well known of infosec-related certifications.

Here is a list of some well known certifications in information security. If you are on the technical side, look at SANS.

There are hands on networking security certificates for Cisco routers and what not, but I don't know about those. Could you explain more what interests you?

I hope I ambeing helpful.

Edited by nospam, 11 August 2009 - 08:43 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users