Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Liquid Cooling System

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 KrayzieJackson

KrayzieJackson

• Members
  • 18 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:09 PM

Posted 07 August 2009 - 02:33 PM

Im building a i7 920 and im getting the parts slowle but im trying to get a Liquid Cooling System but i cant find no one to build me that where so i was wondering maybe once i get the parts if maybe someone on this board could build that for me let me no aight

Edited by KrayzieJackson, 07 August 2009 - 02:34 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 ohai

ohai

• Banned
  • 78 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:09 PM

Posted 07 August 2009 - 03:39 PM

Im building a i7 920 and im getting the parts slowle but im trying to get a Liquid Cooling System but i cant find no one to build me that where so i was wondering maybe once i get the parts if maybe someone on this board could build that for me let me no aight

Posting with correct grammar helps us A LOT.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx...N82E16835150097 helps a lot.
Don't bother with the reviews, the only people that write them only post because they found some tiny flaw that no one has or ever will have.

#3 DJBPace07

DJBPace07

• BC Advisor
  • 4,869 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:09 PM

Posted 07 August 2009 - 04:03 PM

Be very careful with liquid cooling systems. There is a chance for things to go horribly wrong. Leaks may occur and corrosion is also possible. Unless you're overclocking, a good air cooler will work just as good.

3939.png

#4 ohai

ohai

• Banned
  • 78 posts
  •  

Posted 07 August 2009 - 09:00 PM

Be very careful with liquid cooling systems. There is a chance for things to go horribly wrong. Leaks may occur and corrosion is also possible. Unless you're overclocking, a good air cooler will work just as good.

You want to know the weirdest thing? I have never seen a temperature difference on my old (or ANY) CPU between 2.1GHz and 3GHz... Not 1F not .01F no difference... The weirdest thing.

Regarding your actual post, if it's distilled water it won't conduct unless it sits on your video card for 24 hours gathering dust. Also nearly all fluids contain an anti-conductive material. Plus it doesn't do damage UNLESS it's on.

#5 DJBPace07

DJBPace07

• BC Advisor
  • 4,869 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:09 PM

Posted 07 August 2009 - 11:21 PM

My experience with water cooling is limited, but distilled water does not conduct electricity as well as standard tap or bottled water. That's not to say it doesn't, however. Water-based cooling is more labor intensive, complex, and requires more maintenance than an air-based cooler. As I said in another post on the forum, most users do not need water cooling. If you really want to geek out, go for Peltier cooling. It will be expensive and inefficient, but it is a different way to cool a PC.

ArsTechnica - The Ars Guide to Advanced Cooling: Peltier Edition

3939.png

#6 ohai

ohai

• Banned
  • 78 posts
  •  

Posted 08 August 2009 - 03:13 PM

My experience with water cooling is limited, but distilled water does not conduct electricity as well as standard tap or bottled water. That's not to say it doesn't, however. Water-based cooling is more labor intensive, complex, and requires more maintenance than an air-based cooler. As I said in another post on the forum, most users do not need water cooling. If you really want to geek out, go for Peltier cooling. It will be expensive and inefficient, but it is a different way to cool a PC.

ArsTechnica - The Ars Guide to Advanced Cooling: Peltier Edition

lol o yea i forgot i was thinking of BOILING

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users