Hello and welcome. I believe running this first will allow you to run MBAM next(see below) and SAS. Post back all logs please.
Please download Sophos Anti-rootkit
& save it to your desktop.alternate download linkNote: If using the vendor's download site you will be asked to register with MySophos so an email containing an activation link can be sent to your email address.Be sure to print out and read the Sophos Anti-Rookit User Manual and Release Notes
- Double-click sar_15_sfx.exe to begin the installation, read the license agreement and click Accept.
- Allow the default location of C:\Program Files\Sophos\Sophos Anti-Rootkit and click Install.
- A message will appear "Sophos Anti-Rootkit was successfully installed. Click 'yes' to start it now".
- Click Yes and allow the driver and its randomly named .tmp file (i.e. F.tmp) to load if asked.
- If the scan did not start automatically, make sure the following are checked:
- Running processes
- Windows Registry
- Local Hard Drives
- Click Start scan.
- Sophos Anti-Rootkit will scan the selected areas and display any suspicious files in the upper panel.
To retrieve the removal information after reboot, launch SUPERAntispyware again.
Click Preferences, then click the Statistics/Logs tab.
Under Scanner Logs, double-click SUPERAntiSpyware Scan Log.
If there are several logs, click the current dated log and press View log.
A text file will open in your default text editor.
Please copy and paste the Scan Log results in your next reply.
Click Close to exit the program.
Please ask any needed questions,post logs and Let us know how the PC is running now.
- When the scan is complete, a pop-up screen will appear with "Rootkit Scan Results". Click OK to continue.
- Click on the suspicious file to display more information about it in the lower panel which also includes whether the item is recommended for removal.
- Files tagged as Removable: No are not marked for removal and cannot be removed.
- Files tagged as Removable: Yes (clean up recommended) are marked for removal by default.
- Files tagged as Removable: Yes (but clean up not recommended) are not marked for removal because Sophos did not recognize them. These files will require further investigation.
- Select only items recommended for removal, then click "Clean up checked items". You will be asked to confirm, click Yes.
- A pop up window will appear advising the cleanup will finish when you restart your computer. Click Restart Now.
- After reboot, a dialog box displays the files you selected for removal and the action taken.
- Click Empty list and then click Continue to re-scan your computer a second time to ensure everything was cleaned.
- When done, go to Start > Run and type or copy/paste: %temp%\sarscan.log
- This should open the log from the rootkit scan. Please post this log in your next reply. If you have a problem, you can find sarscan.log in C:\Documents and Settings\\Local Settings\Temp\.
Before performing an ARK scan it is recommended to do the following to ensure more accurate results and avoid common issues that may cause false detections.
Next run MBAM (MalwareBytes):NOTE: Before saving MBAM please rename it to zztoy.exe....now save it to your desktop.
- Disconnect from the Internet or physically unplug you Internet cable connection.
- Clean out your temporary files.
- Close all open programs, scheduling/updating tasks and background processes that might activate during the scan including the screensaver.
- Temporarily disable your anti-virus and real-time anti-spyware protection.
- After starting the scan, do not use the computer until the scan has completed.
- When finished, re-enable your anti-virus/anti-malware (or reboot) and then you can reconnect to the Internet.
Please download Malwarebytes Anti-Malware
and save it to your desktop.alternate download link 1alternate download link 2MBAM may "make changes to your registry" as part of its disinfection routine. If using other security programs that detect registry changes (ie Spybot's Teatimer), they may interfere or alert you. Temporarily disable such programs or permit them to allow the changes.
- Make sure you are connected to the Internet.
- Double-click on mbam-setup.exe to install the application.
- When the installation begins, follow the prompts and do not make any changes to default settings.
- When installation has finished, make sure you leave both of these checked:
- Update Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware
- Launch Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware
- Then click Finish.
MBAM will automatically start and you will be asked to update the program before performing a scan.
- If an update is found, the program will automatically update itself. Press the OK button to close that box and continue.
- If you encounter any problems while downloading the definition updates, manually download them from here and just double-click on mbam-rules.exe to install.
On the Scanner tab:
- Make sure the "Perform Quick Scan" option is selected.
- Then click on the Scan button.
- If asked to select the drives to scan, leave all the drives selected and click on the Start Scan button.
- The scan will begin and "Scan in progress" will show at the top. It may take some time to complete so please be patient.
- When the scan is finished, a message box will say "The scan completed successfully. Click 'Show Results' to display all objects found".
- Click OK to close the message box and continue with the removal process.
Back at the main Scanner screen:
Note: If MBAM encounters a file that is difficult to remove, you will be asked to reboot your computer so MBAM can proceed with the disinfection process. If asked to restart the computer, please do so immediately. Failure to reboot normally (not into safe mode) will prevent MBAM from removing all the malware.
- Click on the Show Results button to see a list of any malware that was found.
- Make sure that everything is checked, and click Remove Selected.
- When removal is completed, a log report will open in Notepad.
- The log is automatically saved and can be viewed by clicking the Logs tab in MBAM.
- Copy and paste the contents of that report in your next reply. Be sure to post the complete log to include the top portion which shows MBAM's database version and your operating system.
- Exit MBAM when done.