Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Blue Screen (NOT bsod)

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 noitaerc

noitaerc

• Members
  • 19 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:25 PM

Posted 07 August 2009 - 12:28 PM

This is an odd one. My boss complained that his computer was acting very slow, was getting popups, and malewarebytes and spybot were both disabled (please check to see if the file exists, yada), even on safe mode. So we used Avast and it removed a bunch of infected files, but now upon reboot, all he gets is the login sound, and then nothing but the blue background screen (no menus, no bar at the bottom). so i rebooted in safe mode with networking, and all we got was the login sound and the black background screen with the safemode border. I can ctrl-alt-delete to show the task manager, and it shows there are some programs running... but we just cannot get working XP visual.

any ideas? this is on xp.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 snowdrop

snowdrop

• Members
  • 513 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:25 PM

Posted 07 August 2009 - 12:38 PM

AN idea comes to mind :flowers:

I can ctrl-alt-delete to show the task manager, and it shows there are some programs running

can you maybe copy down to a piece of paper what IS running and post those details so folks can see how one might progress from there?

One hopes Avast has not ( ermmm :trumpet: 'unintentionally' )removed a maybe essential file :thumbsup:

I presume you cannot even open System Restore ?

#3 noitaerc

noitaerc
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 19 posts
  •  

Posted 07 August 2009 - 01:05 PM

AN idea comes to mind :flowers:

I can ctrl-alt-delete to show the task manager, and it shows there are some programs running

can you maybe copy down to a piece of paper what IS running and post those details so folks can see how one might progress from there?

One hopes Avast has not ( ermmm :trumpet: 'unintentionally' )removed a maybe essential file :thumbsup:

I presume you cannot even open System Restore ?

cannot open system restore, i've taken a picture of what is running, but i noticed that explorer is NOT running...gonna try to upload the picture somewhere

#4 noitaerc

noitaerc
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 19 posts
  •  

Posted 07 August 2009 - 01:19 PM

Posted Image

testing to see if this works

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users