Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

no sound and lan

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Sameer Kalandan

Sameer Kalandan

• Members
  • 25 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:13 PM

Posted 07 August 2009 - 09:28 AM

i have formatted my computer. but now i couldnt get my sound and lan. i dont know what is the name of my sound and lan. computer is acer. and i have seen that on the mother board has written pci express also in other side has written ati radeon express 200 series.how can i know the name of my lan and sound card.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 hamluis

hamluis

• 55,254 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:13 PM

Posted 07 August 2009 - 09:58 AM

Acer...what model?

Laptop or desktop?

Do you have the owner's manual?

Do you have the CD which should contain original drivers?

Probably the reason you don't have those functions working...is that the drivers are not installed.

Worth reading: How to update a Windows hardware driver - http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/tutorials/how-to-update-a-windows-hardware-driver/

Louis

#3 rigacci

rigacci

Fiorentino

• Members
  • 2,604 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:13 PM

Posted 07 August 2009 - 02:43 PM

Without the LAN driver, you cannot get out to the internet to get any other drivers.

Go onto a friends computer and access the Acer support site. You should be able to put in your model number and it should give you a list of all of the drivers available.

Grab the LAN. Acer has been known to use both Broadcomm as well as Intel, so grab all of the LAN drivers. If you try to install the wrong one, it should tell you.

Once you have the LAN driver, you can get on-line to get the rest.

BTW, if your LAN was an upgrade that you or a friend did, you should remove it (Tutn OFF the power) and look for identifying marks on it.

Good luck.

DR

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users