Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Booting Problem

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 rsa101

rsa101

• Members
  • 88 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:26 PM

Posted 07 August 2009 - 02:38 AM

My computer lately has started displaying this message before it goes to boot up it tells me "press f1 to resume" then after pressing F1 goes to BIOS. I just have to press escape and accept no changes then it proceeds to nomral booting up to Windows XP. I do not know where the problem lies in here on BIOS or on Windows? Can anyone exlpain or help me sort this thing out.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Romeo29

Romeo29

Learning To Bleep

• Members
  • 3,194 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:26 AM

Posted 07 August 2009 - 03:36 AM

This happenes when BIOS encounters an error like CMOS battery failure or Keyboard not attached etc. The error message is shown just before "Press F1 to continue". What error is reported when BIOS stops?

Here is a typical error, look the error is shown (Keyboard error) before the message "Press F1 to continue" :

Posted Image

#3 rsa101

rsa101
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 88 posts
  •  

Posted 07 August 2009 - 03:49 AM

This happenes when BIOS encounters an error like CMOS battery failure or Keyboard not attached etc. The error message is shown just before "Press F1 to continue". What error is reported when BIOS stops?

Here is a typical error, look the error is shown (Keyboard error) before the message "Press F1 to continue" :

Posted Image

There is no error report like that reported It just say Press F1 to resume.....
So I am seeing a CMOS problem not an XP problem?

Edited by rsa101, 07 August 2009 - 04:05 AM.

#4 Romeo29

Romeo29

Learning To Bleep

• Members
  • 3,194 posts
  •  

Posted 07 August 2009 - 04:49 AM

Please tell us the make and model of your PC.

Possible reason may be CMOS battery failure. Have you made any changes to BIOS recently? Have you added new hardware recently?

Edited by Romeo29, 07 August 2009 - 04:50 AM.

#5 rsa101

rsa101
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 88 posts
  •  

Posted 07 August 2009 - 08:42 AM

Please tell us the make and model of your PC.

Possible reason may be CMOS battery failure. Have you made any changes to BIOS recently? Have you added new hardware recently?

I see the last time I had change something from my CMOS was when i tried installing Ubuntu in my pc it failed back then so I resorted going back to my XP OS only.

My mother board is an ECS 945GCT-M2/1333 iNTEL 945GC+ICH7.

#6 Romeo29

Romeo29

Learning To Bleep

• Members
  • 3,194 posts
  •  

Posted 07 August 2009 - 05:01 PM

BIOS settings may have changed somehow, you may want to change BIOS settings to default by going into BIOS.

#7 rsa101

rsa101
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 88 posts
  •  

Posted 07 August 2009 - 05:54 PM

BIOS settings may have changed somehow, you may want to change BIOS settings to default by going into BIOS.

I already loaded the default setting everytime I press F1 but then when I reboot same thing happens.

#8 hamluis

hamluis

• 55,753 posts
  •  

Posted 07 August 2009 - 06:49 PM

As previously suggested/hinted at...try changing the CMOS battery.

CMOS Battery Replacement - http://www.liverepair.com/encyclopedia/art...cmosreplace.asp

Louis

#9 rsa101

rsa101
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 88 posts
  •  

Posted 07 August 2009 - 07:09 PM

As previously suggested/hinted at...try changing the CMOS battery.

CMOS Battery Replacement - http://www.liverepair.com/encyclopedia/art...cmosreplace.asp

Louis

Thanks for that advice I will try to look for that one myself and see if this would solve the problem.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users