Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Battery AC HELP

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 MNBULL

MNBULL

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:07 PM

Posted 07 August 2009 - 02:06 AM

Okay here's the deal
I have a HP pavilion zd7000, When the computer is on it uses the life of the battery not the ac adapter the battery is old and last about 15 mins But it will not charge while the computer is on. Shut it down and the ac adapter charges the battery but open it back up and it wont charge. A couple times I have been able to use the computer without the battery but it usually shuts down pretty fast. But I turn everything off adapter works fine.
I have checked the powerjack and it looks fine (it has been replaced before)

So I have come to the conclusion that it is either the battery, Ac adapter, or some crazy program setting.

I did have antivirus 2010 virus mess things up last week. And I have had some difficulties with ATI powerplay.

Any advice would be great before I start buying new batteries or adapters on a five year old computer.

Thanks

Edited by MNBULL, 07 August 2009 - 02:07 AM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 the_muse

the_muse

• Members
  • 15 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:07 PM

Posted 07 August 2009 - 07:05 AM

Howdy MNBULL

It can be 2 of those things! I am leaning towards the battery as you said it is old. For me it seems all my batteries stop holdin a charge after abour 6 months!

It could also be a power option that is taking all the battery life up..

What are your power settings?

If it was me I would buy a new battery especially if it is 5 years old!! You got your moneys worth and then some!

Just make sure when you install the new battery charge it without using it for a good 24 hours! This will make sure it keep a full charge for the remainder of its life!!

But to rule out the power settings being at fault...What are your power settings?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users