Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

CTRL+SHIFT+F3 in Reverse Integration not working.

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Johnz414

Johnz414

• Members
  • 455 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:15 PM

Posted 06 August 2009 - 11:32 PM

Hi,

I've just started on Reverse Integrating Vista SP1 and SP2 following these Instructions and the photo gallery version instructions HERE only to find that the "CTRL+SHIFT+F3" will not restart my PC into the audit mode with the System Preparation Tool, it just sits there and does nothing.

Does anyone know why this might be and how to fix it? I'd really like to get this done so that I can have a bootable Vista SP1&2 instillation disk.

Any help will be appreciated. Thanks.

John

Edited by Johnz414, 06 August 2009 - 11:39 PM.

John

"Genius is nothing other than pointing out the obvious",
Albert Einstein.

"I am what I am and that is all that I am, I am Popeye the Sailor Man", Popeye.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Johnz414

Johnz414
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 455 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:15 PM

Posted 08 August 2009 - 01:10 PM

I found a "F-Lock" key that was the culprit. Once I clicked on it the F-keys were unlocked and I was able to continue with the Reverse Integration.

However, if anyone reads this I was wondering how far you can go with adding drivers to the Pre-Reverse Integrated OS. I would like to add the Ethernet drives allowing me to access the Internet with the Pre-Reverse Integration OS so to include all the updates sense SP2.

Plus I'd like to change the partition letters to match what I'm using now and then associate them with the Start Menu links.

Anyone know if this is OK or would it be to much for this procedure?

John
John

"Genius is nothing other than pointing out the obvious",
Albert Einstein.

"I am what I am and that is all that I am, I am Popeye the Sailor Man", Popeye.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users