Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Trying to Set Up My Network to Work with Xbox Live

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 slyblackdragon

slyblackdragon

• Members
  • 101 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:02 AM

Posted 06 August 2009 - 10:47 PM

I have been trying with no luck for about a week to set up my home network to work with Xbox Live. I don't know how much you guys know about Xbox live, but when I run a Network Test it tells me that my NAT settings are "Strict" and that they need to be set to "Open". I looked around online and stumbled onto a website that told you to forward ports TCP 80, UDP 88, UDP 3074, TCP 3074, UDP 53, TCP 53 to get it to work. I did that as instructed and it didn't work.

What I want to do is start completely over with everything at factory settings and set this up properly once and for all.

Here is a list of my hardware:
PC running Windows XP Pro
Motorola 2210 DSL Modem (silver one) ISP is BellSouth/AT&T
Netgear WGR614 (v1?)
Xbox 360

My network is set up like this:
Phone Line>Motorola 2210>Netgear WGR614>ethernet to this PC and another to Xbox 360, also 2 PCs and a Laptop on wireless network

Please help, I am about to tear my hair out!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 CaveDweller2

CaveDweller2

• Members
  • 2,629 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:02 AM

Posted 07 August 2009 - 01:45 PM

You could put the IP address of the Xbox 360 in the DMZ and it should connect, atleast that way you can play while you look for a solution. I would try the Xbox Live support area. They are going to have the same info people would just post here. No point copy and pasting what you can read yourself.

Hope this helps thumbup.gif

Associate in Applied Science - Network Systems Management - Trident Technical College

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users