Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Put the geniuses to a test

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 DCWyld

DCWyld

• Members
  • 13 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:28 AM

Posted 06 August 2009 - 10:03 PM

Hello to all, this is my first topic and what a melon buster it is. I am working on a computer that can get IP addresses, DNS has been flushed, no spyware, winsock has been reset, networking protocols have all been uninstalled and reinstalled, and I cannot get onto the Internet with Firefox, IE8, or Safari. Can get IP, ping everywhere is OK. Immediately says no connection, like it doesn't even try. But in safe mode, Internet works. I think it is software. Even tried adding a net adapter, it took on the same characteristics, no Internet in normal mode, only safe mode. Would there be any other way of testing what software (tested for spyware...none) that is holding up the flow. Also noticed I can receive packets, cannot send. Thank you my fellow netnerds for the help.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 CaveDweller2

CaveDweller2

• Members
  • 2,629 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:28 AM

Posted 07 August 2009 - 01:53 PM

Sounds to me like there is a firewall blocking things. If there isn't one actively installed perhaps it was uninstalled incorrectly and has the system stuffed.

Hope this helps thumbup.gif

Associate in Applied Science - Network Systems Management - Trident Technical College

#3 DCWyld

DCWyld
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 13 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:28 AM

Posted 10 August 2009 - 04:56 PM

Got it. The people had a Cisco Air Bridge at some point that changed all the network settings. Thanks!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users