Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

All games take longer to load

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 gypsyking

gypsyking

• Members
  • 19 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:51 PM

Posted 06 August 2009 - 09:59 PM

Hi, I have been noticing recently that al my games have begun to run a hell of alot slower recently. I have been able to run Crysis on max settings in the past perfectly smooth. Now it is mostly loading that takes forever. For instance, in Unreal Tournament 3, the loading screens take about 5 times longer to start up than I ever remember and the textures take a while to fully load once in the game. I have noticed this over a period of time so i cannot link it to any recent changes in hardware. All I am looking for is if there are any common solutions for this. Is it my RAM going bad? Thanks.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 starcraftmaster

starcraftmaster

• Members
  • 1,109 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:51 AM

Posted 07 August 2009 - 10:39 AM

if the ram was going bad then you would have BSOD and freeze ups
maybe you should defrag you hard drives and check you hard drives for errors(scandisk)

also could be a setting in you graphics card control panel that may be on(some program may have put them on)
e.g. anti aliasing (put that off)

#3 gypsyking

gypsyking
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 19 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:51 PM

Posted 07 August 2009 - 05:05 PM

I realized (stupid me) that i had confused my secondary internal hard drive with an external hard drive and I had installed the games on the external. I am installing one of them on the internal and its installing a hell of alot faster now, so I'm hoping it will apply to game speed. I'm assuming the external read speeds are slower than the internal. I'll post back if I resolve this.

#4 starcraftmaster

starcraftmaster

• Members
  • 1,109 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:51 AM

Posted 07 August 2009 - 11:22 PM

yes if the external drive is pluged to usb 2.0
and you got sata internal drives
then the sata internal drive will be much faster and and the usb 2.0 HD are much slower thats why your games take so long to load

Edited by starcraftmaster, 07 August 2009 - 11:23 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users