Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Unable to run Recovery Console on Dell Dimension 8400

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 Socrates

Socrates

• Members
  • 11 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:05 PM

Posted 06 August 2009 - 06:11 PM

I started asking for help with a separate post with the title of "Cannot start system with second HDD on"

But after several days of back and forth and both Louis and I giving it our best shot I am back to square one.

I have a Dell Dimension 8400 that did not ship with a windows xp cd.

I have tried everything that Louis and I could think of and we ended by him saying that there are other people here who are familiar with Dell Systems.

So, if you are familiar with Dell Systems, please read the previous post and offer suggestions.

At this point if I don't get any suggestions, I am going to take the secondary hard drive out, take it to a friend and have him install it in his computer and see if it works, and if it does, recover the data, and get a new second hard drive for this computer that I am working on now.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users