Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Cannot connect to wireless printer

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Cloud13

Cloud13

• Members
  • 46 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:44 PM

Posted 06 August 2009 - 03:08 PM

Ok, so at work, I'm our un-official IT guy. The fun never ends. :thumbsup:

Alright, so we have several computers and one printer. One of the comps is connected by USB, while the others were wireless. It was all working fine until our ISP switched to fiber optics or something. After that happened, the internet was messed up and it took me a while to get that working.

Since then, only the USB connected comp can print.

When on one of the comps it wouldn't print, I used "delete printer, then reinstall it" method. However, the printer has refused to show up. Since then we also got a new comp, and that one cannot find it either.

I've tried uninstalling the software/drivers and reinstalling them. No luck. Same with adding the printer by IP. Would "install" it, but wouldn't print. Tried changing the printer's IP. Nope. Tried resetting the printer to factory network settings. Nada.

Any suggestions?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 hamluis

hamluis

• 55,896 posts
  •  

Posted 06 August 2009 - 03:41 PM

Is the printer reflected as a shared device...on all systems? On any system?

Louis

#3 Cloud13

Cloud13
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 46 posts
  •  

Posted 06 August 2009 - 05:00 PM

I had assumed so, as it had worked before.

How would I verify?

#4 hamluis

hamluis

• 55,896 posts
  •  

Posted 06 August 2009 - 06:13 PM

On a network...it should show up as a device/resource.

I don't do wireless, but the device must be set up as a shared network device.

This may provides some clues, Share Your Printer Over a Home Network Using Windows XP - http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/using/n...cutt_july2.mspx AND Step By Step Share a Printer on Your Home Network - http://lifehacker.com/software/step-by-ste...work-309015.php

If it's more complicated than I think...http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q=share+a+printer+over+a+wireless+network&aq=f&oq=&aqi=

Louis

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users