Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Just got new psu, cpu, motherboard, and need help setting it up!! (not physically bios problem)

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Collin (SnipeH)

Collin (SnipeH)

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:06 PM

Posted 06 August 2009 - 02:29 PM

I recently got new parts (AMD deneb 3.2ghz quad core, TA790gx a3+ , G.Skill ddr3 1600, Rosewill 600wt) hooked them all up but cant get past bios. Its my first build and when i try to go into my samsung 7,200rpm it says something like *no possible bios file found!!!* :thumbsup: and when i try to start windows (normally, safe mode ect.) it just gos back to *Tseries screen* where you can choose bios or go back to fail starting windows. It says it finds the harddrive in bios and i got it from a older dell computer i had so it has some windows package on it already. Ive also tried many flash bios programs which i cant seem to work, oh and f12 doesn't do anything.....any and all suggestions PLLLLZZZZ
also cleared cmos thousaaands of times

Big THx to whomever replies

Edited by Collin (SnipeH), 06 August 2009 - 02:38 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 hamluis

hamluis

• 55,559 posts
  •  

Posted 06 August 2009 - 02:49 PM

You've taken a hard drive with settings and drivers from another system...and connected it to a different motherboard...and you are surprised you have problems?

Changing a Motherboard or Moving Hard Drive - http://www.michaelstevenstech.com/moving_xp.html

Louis

#3 Collin (SnipeH)

Collin (SnipeH)
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  

Posted 06 August 2009 - 03:08 PM

You've taken a hard drive with settings and drivers from another system...and connected it to a different motherboard...and you are surprised you have problems?

Changing a Motherboard or Moving Hard Drive - http://www.michaelstevenstech.com/moving_xp.html

Louis

Im trying the steps right now with officexp thx for the link.

When i boot after doing this to the hd it doesnt detect it when the optical drive is also plugged in. It will detect the hd by itself though??? and when there both plugged in it freezes when i click primary ide slave in bios (shows optical in primary ide master).

Edited by Collin (SnipeH), 06 August 2009 - 03:53 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users