Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

system32 folder missingMoved/No logs

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 glucsoe101

glucsoe101

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:53 PM

Posted 06 August 2009 - 01:36 PM

So I got the Windows Antivirus Pro virus again (on another computer this time).

I already had MalwareBytes and tried to remove the virus. I thought I was successful last night until this morning when I turned on my laptop and found that it wasn't letting me open programs up.

I manually deleted Windows\ppp3.dat, Windows\ppp4.dat, Windows\svchast.exe, and Program Files\Windows Antivirus Pro files, but my computer still has Windows\system3\bennuar.old, Windows\system32\dddesot/dll, Windows\system32\desot.exe, and Windows\system32\sysnet.dat.

In fact, I tried to locate my system32 folder (and searched for the file names in search), and it isn't there!

When it turns on, it automatically runs all those malicious files. Like my other computer, the virus won't let me open anything up however (like taskmgr or disable it on startup).

Before Windows loads on the reboot, my computer won't even let me press F8 to give me the option.

Help please?!

Edited by garmanma, 06 August 2009 - 04:14 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 glucsoe101

glucsoe101
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:53 PM

Posted 06 August 2009 - 05:58 PM

so I deleted the said files by using the XP service pack 2 cd.

Now prgms that aren't microsoft won't open; help?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users