Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Emoticons

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 diego88

diego88

• Members
  • 135 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:03 AM

Posted 14 July 2005 - 02:05 PM

Hello.

I have seen some really cool emoticons in some of the posts. Where do you guys get them?

Thanks,

diego88

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Scarlett

Scarlett

Bleeping Diva

• Members
  • 7,479 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:03 AM

Posted 14 July 2005 - 03:18 PM

Not sure which ones you mean Posted Image

Although there is a selection of clickable smiley's available next to where you type your post's.

I have just recently learned of Best Smileys
The great thing about the smiley's at Best Smiley's, is that the site provides an image tag. So the smiley's do not need to be saved to your hard drive. And then hosted somewhere. Just copy and paste them into the post. Posted Image

Smiley's are fun, but we all do need to watch out for any that could be considered objectionable. :thumbsup:

Edited by Scarlett, 14 July 2005 - 03:30 PM.

Posted Image

#3 ~overkill~

~overkill~

• Members
  • 51 posts
  •  

Posted 14 July 2005 - 03:24 PM

hmm, good call scarlett...i kinda liked the ones in the adds between these posts as well :thumbsup:

#4 Starbuck

Starbuck

'r Brudiwr

• Malware Response Team
  • 4,149 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:03 AM

Posted 14 July 2005 - 06:57 PM

If you are using 'Firefox' there's an extension that you can add to give you these 'smileys'
Posted Image you can download it here Smiley Xtra
Posted Image

BBPP6nz.png

#5 Scarlett

Scarlett

Bleeping Diva

• Members
  • 7,479 posts
  •  

Posted 14 July 2005 - 07:08 PM

hmm, good call scarlett...i kinda liked the ones in the adds between these posts as well :thumbsup:

Please be wary of any smiley's (emoticons) downloads. I suggest that you stay away from these.
They could be riddled with nasty pests.

Edited by Scarlett, 14 July 2005 - 07:28 PM.

Posted Image

#6 Scarlett

Scarlett

Bleeping Diva

• Members
  • 7,479 posts
  •  

Posted 14 July 2005 - 09:27 PM

Posted Image Hi everyone. Here's another one that gives the image code. Posted Image

http://www.cheesebuerger.de

Posted Image

Thanks jgweed. Posted Image

Edited by Scarlett, 14 July 2005 - 09:44 PM.

Posted Image

#7 diego88

diego88
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 135 posts
  •  

Posted 15 July 2005 - 09:12 AM

Thanks Scarlett, Starbuck, and ~overkill~!!

I will check these out.

Scarlett, I'm glad you confirmed my thoughts on the downloads. I did see some of these searching around and noticed one that would intall a new search bar and would allow third party input?? and it seemed a little fishy. That's why I thought I would ask around for some safe ones. I was not sure if you could just copy and paste and they would still be animate. Some of these emoticons are so hilarious.

Again thanks,

diego88

#8 Scarlett

Scarlett

Bleeping Diva

• Members
  • 7,479 posts
  •  

Posted 15 July 2005 - 10:28 AM

Thanks Scarlett, Starbuck, and ~overkill~!!

I will check these out.

Scarlett, I'm glad you confirmed my thoughts on the downloads. I did see some of these searching around and noticed one that would intall a new search bar and would allow third party input?? and it seemed a little fishy. That's why I thought I would ask around for some safe ones. I was not sure if you could just copy and paste and they would still be animate. Some of these emoticons are so hilarious.

Again thanks,

diego88

Your welcome. Happy to help.

When I say "Copy and Paste" I am meaning copying and pasting the image code (tag) into the body of the text. Not copying and pasting the image itself.

[img]http://bestsmileys.com/friendly/4.gif[/img]
Gives you this. Posted Image

Have fun!
Posted Image

#9 diego88

diego88
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 135 posts
  •  

Posted 15 July 2005 - 12:22 PM

Scarlett,

I did misunderstand your copy and paste and now tried to add the way you just explained. I entered "Posted Image" in an e-mail to myself but all I saw was this again "Posted Image".

I do not know too much about this subject so I'm sure I have messed up your explanation. Sorry. Is this only for when you are creating web pages or should I be able to send this in an e-mail?

#10 Scarlett

Scarlett

Bleeping Diva

• Members
  • 7,479 posts
  •  

Posted 15 July 2005 - 12:51 PM

Scarlett,
I do not know too much about this subject so I'm sure I have messed up your explanation. Sorry. Is this only for when you are creating web pages or should I be able to send this in an e-mail?

As it is, I was a bit confused myself. It would of helped if I would of looked at the help section. Posted Image
Do not worry, we will get this figured out soon.

Click Here for BestSmiley's Help Text_ E-Mail etc.

How to use Smileys in Email

Using Smileys in a Email is very simple.  All you do is put your mouse over the graphic, do a copy, then in your email do a paste.  While most email systems allow you to add graphics to your email unfortunatly their are a few out there that do not.  But this will work for the most common ones like Outlook, Outlook express, Yahoo, etc.

Is Direct Linking allowed

Yep.  This is one of the few sites that does allow direct linking.  I have unlimited bandwith with Yahoo so direct link all you like.

This is very cool. The site allows direct copy and paste. I was worried about doing so. Which could be seen as bandwidth theft. Which is frowned upon. With the exception of a free image hosting site. So in a nutshell. Best Smiley's not only supplies the smiley graphics. They also host them.
Posted Image
Posted Image

#11 diego88

diego88
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 135 posts
  •  

Posted 15 July 2005 - 02:05 PM

GREAT!!

Good job Scarlett! :thumbsup:

I will have to play around now for sure.

A very thank you to you!! :flowers:

#12 georgia

georgia

• Members
  • 567 posts
  •  

Posted 24 July 2005 - 09:16 AM

This is a very good discussion, since I use my notebook for work mostly. i am just getting to notice Smiley's in various forums.
And Scarlett, I have always notest the great finesse in your signature are these acheivable by a relative Noob to this Topic as it certainly does enhance and make posts more interesting.

I would appreciate comments and where one should go to read about the topic and how to begin learning on how to do something creative like this.

I would appreciate comments, thankyou. :thumbsup:
Talent is a flame. Genius is a fire.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users