Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

App conflict/slow PC - referred from Windows Vista forum

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Tetley

Tetley

• Members
  • 9 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:59 PM

Posted 06 August 2009 - 11:20 AM

Greetings.

I would first like to ask for assistance in moving my Windows Vista forum Q-and-A string/topic from that forum to this one, as it contains all of my system information and associated logs requested by garmanma while he was assisting me. My topic is called: Complete freeze-up after screensaver initiates.

After reviewing the other string, I would welcome any comments/suggestions about what to do next in terms of finding and correcting whatever conflicts are causing my PC problems.

Thanks very much. :thumbsup:

Tetley

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Tetley

Tetley
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 9 posts
  •  

Posted 06 August 2009 - 10:48 PM

:thumbsup: I just received a message on my computer saying, "cwsvc.exe stopped working and was closed". I wasn't familiar with it, so I plugged it into the BC glossary, and it says it's "A variant of the IRCBot family of worms and IRC backdoor Trojans". Not good. I've visited the really LONG list of free-ware for fighting/detecting/removing/preventing these kinds of things, but what I'd really like is a recommendation from someone who's used them as to which one(s) are best, along with any help you can provide regarding the aforementioned issue. Thanks.

#3 Tetley

Tetley
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 9 posts
  •  

Posted 07 August 2009 - 10:22 AM

NOTE: Here is the link to the other topic in the Windows Vista forum with all of my system and logs information:

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/245171/complete-freeze-up-after-screensaver-initiates/

Thanks!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users