Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Is it true that Windows 7 can't play any games?

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 SobiMask

SobiMask

• Members
  • 15 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:47 PM

Posted 06 August 2009 - 07:31 AM

I've heard some people say that if i install Windows 7 I won't be able to play any games. Is that true?

"Dignity consists not in possessing honors, but in the consciousness that we deserve them."
Aristotle

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Shadow6697

Shadow6697

• Members
  • 35 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:47 AM

Posted 06 August 2009 - 11:34 AM

Im not sure but if you partion part of your HDD i think microsoft gives out free Betas for windows 7 (like i said I THINK i dont know if its free or not) so test it yourself give it a try

Edited by Shadow6697, 06 August 2009 - 11:35 AM.

#3 groovicus

groovicus

• Security Colleague
  • 9,963 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:47 AM

Posted 06 August 2009 - 12:23 PM

I've heard some people say that if i install Windows 7 I won't be able to play any games. Is that true?

No, that is not true.

#4 Farinhir

Farinhir

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:47 AM

Posted 06 August 2009 - 03:31 PM

Here, I will correct this for you

I've heard some people say that if i install Mac Leopard I won't be able to play any games. Is that true?

There we go.

All kidding aside, I have no problem playing anything by valve, lord of the rings online, S.T.A.L.K.E.R (both SoC and clear sky), Assassins Creed, AA3, Audiosurf, TQIT and more. I do have a few issues with Sid Meier's CivIV and xpacs shutting down at startup (random), but I am sure this will probably be fixed or they will probably show how to make it compatible.

This is all while running Windows 7 RC1
Windows 7 RC1 x64 // CPU: Intel Core 2 Duo e8400@3.6Ghz, 1.328v // Motherboard: EVGA 122-YW-E173, 750i SLI // Ram: 4GB OCZ DDR2 1066 5-6-6-18, 2.1v // Video Card: EVGA GTX 260 Core 216 SC @702/1476/1107(2214) // Power Supply: Rosewill 650W RT650-135-SL

#5 SobiMask

SobiMask
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 15 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:47 PM

Posted 06 August 2009 - 08:53 PM

Ok! So its not true afterall. thanks =D

"Dignity consists not in possessing honors, but in the consciousness that we deserve them."
Aristotle

#6 the_muse

the_muse

• Members
  • 15 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:47 AM

Posted 07 August 2009 - 12:11 PM

The only game I could not get to run on 7 was Neverwinter nights! Even with compatibility mode..
IUf you have problems with games just run the compatibility troubleshooter and it will fix most problems wth your games

I play the same games as Farinhir plays plus COD 4 FEAR etc.. And all play

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users