Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

I'm very confused - has my router been hacked?

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 Kenwyne

Kenwyne

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:15 PM

Posted 06 August 2009 - 05:43 AM

I am having problems with my internet connection disconnecting and reconnecting and slow loading of pages. Please allow me to give a brief background to the problem. I recently moved back home with my parents and have been using their internet connection and everything was running smoothly and no problems. However, recently my friends moved out of a flat where we had previously been living, so I moved the internet connection from the flat to my parents home. This internet connection requires the use of an O2 branded router, so I took it from the flat and installed it in my parents house. The internet connection provider has recently changed to O2. Since then I have had vast amounts of problems.

My connection will drop in and out and when I load pages in google chrome I wll often get the following messages (amongst many others) at the bottom of the page.

"resolving host"
"hosting.adjug.com"
"webtrendslive"

I was thinking that this is adware/cookies/spyware. I have scanned my computer using adaware and spybot and removed some entries it found, but the problem persists. Since this problem has only started since connecting to the new internet provider, I am wondering whether it could be a problem within the router itself? I am very inexperienced in terms of spyware/adware etc, so apologies if I am not clear.

Does anyone have any help or advice? Thanks, Mark.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users