Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Just a query

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 heltune

• Members
  • 59 posts
  • Local time:01:22 AM

Posted 14 July 2005 - 12:32 PM

Hi... for those friendly people who wants to suggest...
What is the "best or better" ...
1. graphic video card for Pc Gaming?What brand or company?
2. for Sound?
3. for RAM or memory?
4. for MOBO?
5. Processor?
6. PSUs?
7. connection/LAN?

Is there a UPS that can accomodate/share networks/computers or are UPS only supprts single computer power?(In case of power failure)

Thank you... :thumbsup:

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 efizzer

• Members
  • 360 posts

Posted 14 July 2005 - 12:52 PM

That's a loaded question mate! You'll get tons of opinions, and remember, that's what they're going to be. If you want highest rated, again, going to web sites that rate hardware is based on testing, and yes.... opinions. I'm going to give you my opinions...

Graphic Vid Card for gaming:

Nvidia 6800 Ultra 256mb
ATI Radeon X800 XT Platinum 256mb

Sound Card:
(Remember, it's not just the card you'll have to think on, it's the Speakers too.)

Creative Sound Audigy Platinum eX
Logitech Z-5500 Digital Speakers

AMD Athlon FX55

Up to you mate...

I like Linksys...

I believe that UPSs can only support single computers, unless you have a huge UPS that you have all PCs plugged into.

Good Luck!
Posted Image

We're going to make the merry-go-round go faster, so everyone needs to hang on tighter-just to keep from being thrown to the wolves.

#3 heltune

• Topic Starter

• Members
  • 59 posts

Posted 15 July 2005 - 09:47 AM

ill try to surf the net for some ratings and testings...

tenk you again....

(Is seagate HDD one of the best/better rated HHD in town? just asking...)

#4 MartyGeek

• Members
  • 27 posts
  • Local time:12:22 AM

Posted 17 July 2005 - 03:52 AM

Yes, Seagate are one of the better brands.

No matter which HDD you choose, try and keep it COOL. Hard drives don't like heat. I use an Antec case, which allows the hard drives to have their own 80mm fan, and would recommend Antec cases to anyone based on this alone. They also have great build quality.

I'm an Intel freak, so I wouldn't recommend AMD (burned me too many times, no pun intended).

The Power Supply is one of the most important things inside any computer, and for this you can't go past the Antec True Power PSU's. Get as much wattage as you can afford. With power, the more the better, and the more regulated the better.

A UPS is a great idea, for a similair reason. APC UPS's are great.

tomshardwareguide.com is a great resource, which I'm sure you've already found.

That's my two cents worth...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users