Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Can someone please help me remove these two Trojans?

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 lissa755

lissa755

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:09 AM

Posted 06 August 2009 - 01:43 AM

Hello my name is Lissa,

I had bought a hp mini lap top that uses Windows XP a while back. I am using the Kaspersky Anti-Virus 2009 software. It had detected the following viruses:

- Trojan. Win32 Monder.cpxu
- Trojan. Win32. Small.bzc

Kaspersky has repeatedly said to Delete the objects, when I click delete on the two viruses it says to restart I have done this over 10 times, and they are still there.

I have also received a blue screen error message that says:

Technical information:
*** STOP: 0X0000007E (0XC0000005, 0X869EFBDF, 0XF7A9030C, 0XF7A90008)

I had posted a question in the yahoo forms, and I was referred here. I have not downloaded, or used the combo fix yet I was going to wait on that and see. I would greatly appreciate if someone could help me, thanks for your time!!!
[/font]

-Lissa-

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Stang777

Stang777

Just Hoping To Help

• Members
  • 1,821 posts
  •  

Posted 06 August 2009 - 01:49 AM

Hi and Welcome to BleepingComputer,

Do not run Combofix on your own, it could lead to an inoperable computer. Combofix should only be run with expert supervision. There are other ways that are less destructive to try to take care of this. Running Combofix should be your last resort, not first, and again, only under expert supervision.

I would start out by doing a scan with Malwarebytes...

It can be downloaded from any of these places...

http://www.malwarebytes.org/mbam.php

alternate download link 1 (easiest way)
http://malwarebytes.gt500.org/mbam-setup.exe

alternate download link 2
http://www.majorgeeks.com/Malwarebytes_Ant...ware_d5756.html

Double-click on mbam-setup.exe to install the application. (If it will not download, install, or open after installation, change the name of it to whatever you want and change the .exe extension to .bat or .com or .pif or scr and then double click on it to run.)

When the installation begins, follow the prompts and do not make any changes to default settings. When installation has finished, make sure you leave both of these checked:

Update Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware
Launch Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware

Then click Finish.

MBAM will automatically start and you will be asked to update the program before performing a scan. If an update is found, the program will automatically update itself. Press the OK button to close that box and continue.

Make sure the "Perform Quick Scan" option is selected. Then click on the Scan button.
If asked to select the drives to scan, leave all the drives selected and click on the Start Scan button.

When the scan is finished, a message box will say "The scan completed successfully. Click 'Show Results' to display all objects found". Click OK to close the message box and continue with the removal process.

After running that scan, post the complete log of the results here and then download, install, update and run a quick scan with SuperAntiSpyware and post the complete log of the results here. This scan may take some time to complete so please be patient.

That can be downloaded from SuperAntiSpyware.com

If it will not download, install, or open after installation, change the name of it to whatever you want and change the .exe extension to .bat or .com or .pif or scr and then double click on it to run.

Allow both programs to remove whatever they find and if they tell you that you need to reboot your computer to complete the removal process, reboot into normal Windows.

#3 lissa755

lissa755
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  

Posted 06 August 2009 - 02:54 AM

Thank you for your helpful and informative information!! I already had Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware installed, so I just installed the Super AntiSpyware and preformed the two scans. And it found some stuff and removed it, but my Kaspersky Anti- Virus system is still showing those two Trojans.

Also when I performed the malewarebytes and super antispyware scans the logs didn't come up, so where can I go to retrieve them?

#4 quietman7

quietman7

Bleepin' Janitor

• Global Moderator
  • 51,745 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:09 AM

Posted 06 August 2009 - 07:16 AM

To retrieve the Malwarebytes Anti-Malware scan log information, launch MBAM.
  • Click the Logs Tab at the top.
    • The log will be named by the date of scan in the following format: mbam-log-date(time).txt
      -- If you have previously used MBAM, there may be several logs showing in the list.
  • Click on the log name to highlight it.
  • Go to the bottom and click on Open.
  • The log should automatically open in notepad as a text file.
  • Go to Edit and choose Select all.
  • Go back to Edit and choose Copy or right-click on the highlighted text and choose copy from there.
  • Come back to this thread, click Add Reply, then right-click and choose Paste.
  • Be sure to post the complete log to include the top portion which shows MBAM's database version and your operating system.
  • Exit MBAM when done.
Logs are saved to the following locations:
-- In XP: C:\Documents and Settings\<Username>\Application Data\Malwarebytes\Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware\Logs
-- In Vista: C:\Documents and Settings\Users\All Users\Malwarebytes\Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware\Logs

To retrieve the SAS scan log information, launch SAS.
  • Click Preferences, then click the Statistics/Logs tab.
  • Under Scanner Logs, double-click SUPERAntiSpyware Scan Log.
  • If there are several logs, click the current dated log and press View log. A text file will open in your default text editor.
  • Go to Edit and choose Select all.
  • Go back to Edit and choose Copy or right-click on the highlighted text and choose copy from there.
  • Come back to this thread, click Add Reply, then right-click and choose Paste.

Windows Insider MVP 2017-2018
Microsoft MVP Reconnect 2016
Microsoft MVP Consumer Security 2007-2015 kO7xOZh.gif
Member of UNITE, Unified Network of Instructors and Trusted Eliminators

If I have been helpful & you'd like to consider a donation, click 38WxTfO.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users