Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

help & support

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 real deal

real deal

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:17 AM

Posted 06 August 2009 - 12:38 AM

I'm running windows XP x64 on a relatively new system. Quad core Phenom 9850 processor, 8 Gig of Patriot 1066Mhz ram, Asus M3N-HT Deluxe Mempipe Motherboard, 5 Western Digital Raptor hard drives, Western Digital 250 Gig external hard drive, Samsung Lightscribe DVD burner, Apevia full size Jupiter-X tower, Apevia 680 watt Beast power supply, Logitech cordless optical Trackman track ball, Microsoft wireless keyboard 3000 V3.0, Nothing special. Anyway to my problem. When I go into Help & support, I am unable to type any search words into the text box, also when I'm going to Yahoo mail registration sign in I can't put anything in the text boxes there either. Does anyone have a clue as to what the problem is, as this one isn't something I've heard of before.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 ComputerMan23

ComputerMan23

• Members
  • 309 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:17 AM

Posted 07 August 2009 - 06:14 PM

did you try clearing out old cache for the yahoo issue?

#3 real deal

real deal
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:17 AM

Posted 10 August 2009 - 09:02 PM

So I did a lot of cleaning hose, putting files away and deleting a whole lot of other extra garbage, which I needed to do anyway. But to no avail!
I'm thinking that it must be some registry setting. I could just trial and error that I'm sure since there are only a couple dozen different settings in
the registry. Right? If it wasn't in a couple totally different areas. Ones that would seem to be in very different parts of the system. I'd feel I could
probably figure it out. But this has got me stumped.

#4 hamluis

hamluis

• 55,260 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:17 AM

Posted 11 August 2009 - 08:46 AM

Sounds like a possible keyboard issue...do you have a different one you can try? Seems quite odd that you cite only two instances (quite specific) where there is an inability to enter data.

You can always try to reinstall Help and Support, if you think that it is damaged/corrupted, http://windowsxp.mvps.org/rebuildhelp.htm

I don't know anything about Yahoo Mail but...do you mean that you cannot access your account (via password/ID)?

Louis

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users