Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

One account with password access.

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 RadBrad503

RadBrad503

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:04 AM

Posted 06 August 2009 - 12:10 AM

Hello everyone!

While I have used these forums for all sorts of information, this is my first post.... and it is a question.

My cousin is having problems with her son getting around the different parental controls that she has set up. He is even getting around a fingerprint reader. She has decided she's tired of his games and wants the computer to be a single account with one access password. She is using Vista Home. Myself, I am still using XP, so Vista does not come naturally to me.

My question is this:

Would deleting all the current accounts and activating the hidden "A"dministrator account and passwording it make it secure? So that even "safe mode" would only have the one possible account and require a password as well?

And any ideas anyone has about this I am willing to entertain. I want to lock this baby down!

Edited by RadBrad503, 06 August 2009 - 12:11 AM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users