Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Lost task manager both in run &clt/alt/del

• Please log in to reply
14 replies to this topic

#1 usajapan

usajapan

• Members
  • 9 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:27 AM

Posted 05 August 2009 - 08:58 PM

On July 2, 2009, I first saw the dreaded Fast Antivirus 2009 fake screen. At least I did not click the scan. My grand kids were on the PC when it popped up so how it got there is unknown to me.I immediately looked it up. Found it was fake, And found a site with instructions on how to get rid of it.
I fallowed the instructions but PC is still running badly. It completely killed Goback and MacAfee suite and prevented the reinstall of them or just about any Internet anti virus except the free PC Tools AntiVirus. All the major programs were stopped before they could start. Till I found the beta trial of Norton 2010.That did find parts of it & at least installed with out problem.But task manager and cmd exe no ware to to found, either with run or clt/alt del.

I have downloaded and and run Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware I was amazed at what it found. cmd.exe now works but not still the task manager Any suggestions how to fix this. And am I still infected.Is it the original bug or new one,or perhaps permanent damage

Sincerely UsaJapan aka Linda :thumbsup:

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 boopme

boopme

To Insanity and Beyond

• Global Moderator
  • 73,072 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:27 AM

Posted 05 August 2009 - 09:32 PM

Hello Linda, how many aV's are running on here now?

Rerun MBAM (MalwareBytes) like this:

Open MBAM in normal mode and click Update tab, select Check for Updates,when done
click Scanner tab,select Quick scan and scan.
After scan click Remove Selected, Post new scan log and Reboot into normal mode.

Is there a message when you try to open Task manager? Like Disabled by Admin or something??
I am going with you have XP here.

This step involves making changes in the registry. Always back up your registry before making any changes.

Go to Start Run and type: regedit
Click OK.
On the left side, click to highlight My Computer at the top.
Go up to File Export
Make sure in that window there is a tick next to "All" under Export Branch.
Leave the "Save As Type" as "Registration Files".
Under "Filename" put RegBackup.
Choose to save it to C:\
Click save and then go to File Exit.
Or you can download and use ERUNTwhich is an excellent free tool that allows you to to take a snapshot (backup) of your registry before making changes and restore it when needed.

Click on the link below:
http://www.kellys-korner-xp.com/xp_tweaks.htm
Scroll down to #275 and click "Lift Restrictions - TM, Regedit and CMD" in the left column. Go to File, choose "Save page as" All Files and save regtmcmdrestore.vbs to your desktop. Double-click on that file to allow the script to run and reboot when done. Since the script modifies certain registry settings your anti-virus package may warn you about it. Ignore the warning and allow it to run.

Edited by boopme, 05 August 2009 - 09:34 PM.

How do I get help? Who is helping me?For the time will come when men will not put up with sound doctrine. Instead, to suit their own desires, they will gather around them a great number of teachers to say what their itching ears want to hear....Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook

#3 usajapan

usajapan
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 9 posts
  •  

Posted 06 August 2009 - 05:50 PM

Thanks for the help. :thumbsup:
I am running XP Pro Service Pack 2.
I have 2 days left on my Norton 2010 trial & running the free PC Tools Anti Virus. I will probably try to go back to the free MacAfee that comes with my comcast , till I can find something better. Since Fast 2009 took it out so easily and get a new back up program since it also wiped out Go Back.

That is if it will install. I did not have a chance yesterday to see if another virus program would install. Prior to yesterday none would.

I am running the Malware program as you instructed now.

No error message for task manager, shows up in selection box on tool bar but nothing happens. with cnt/alt/del now at least a windows network box with a choice but still no task manager.
Malware just finished and did not did not find anything new.

I have your other instructions copied to my desktop.I will have to do them latter tonight when things are quieter.I will let you know how it goes.

Thanks
UsaJapan aka Linda

#4 boopme

boopme

To Insanity and Beyond

• Global Moderator
  • 73,072 posts
  •  

Posted 06 August 2009 - 07:58 PM

You will be needing this then. Download and run the Norton Removal Tool .
Also perhaps this AV.. I use this. Antivir

Let me know your progress.
How do I get help? Who is helping me?For the time will come when men will not put up with sound doctrine. Instead, to suit their own desires, they will gather around them a great number of teachers to say what their itching ears want to hear....Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook

#5 usajapan

usajapan
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 9 posts
  •  

Posted 08 August 2009 - 02:53 PM

Last night was mad house, so did not get to try the rest of your cure.LOL. Well Norton expired so, I am going to try to reinstall
MacAfee for the time being, Just B/C its Free. Till I can find a security suite. Fire wall, Anti virus, and utilities= restore program. Altho after this experience,I have thought of using individual products. As a Bug like this might not wipe them all out LOL. Macafee will be better then nothing for now at least .
I am kind of leaning toward the iolo System Mechanic Professional suite and hope I can find some back up AV's that can at least activate as needed.

Oh for the days of 98SE when I could run Norton , MacAfee AV, and ZoneAlarm Pro.

I did not know there was a Norton removal tool. I was expecting to spend long hours in the registry as in the old days.

Hot weekend end here in Chicago So a soon as I get some protection on the PC , LOL I am heading for our pool.

But will keep you posted,

Thanks again
UsaJapan aka Linda

#6 usajapan

usajapan
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 9 posts
  •  

Posted 08 August 2009 - 05:37 PM

:thumbsup: If this don't beat all.
I tried to reinstall my free MacAfee , I would get to the approved page, then stopped.

I found a full trial Of system suite Pro with anti virus and fie wall.

Message received " can not install with Fast Anti virus 2009.Please go to add remove programs and uninstall Fast Antivirus 2009, and install will restart and continue on startup"
BTW the darn thing is not anywhere to be found in programs or registry.

My original problem !!!!!

For the good news Norton 2010 beta cam with its own removal tool.
Since way back when I had tried numerous times to reinstall MacAfee Suit, ( The tech had know idea LOL!!! Then on a ? site a suggestion box stated to try a different e-mail addy. Well I at least I now have MacAfee Suite.But apparently still have
Fast Antivirus 2009.
I reinstalled GoBack B/C at least it has a feature that lets you reveal changes on a roll back. Which I will need if I can Find A fix to get back task manager.

Which IMVHO at this time I think my only option is going to be a full erase and reinstall of windows. I do not have a full back up that I feel comfortable with. Slap hand for trying to save $ by reusing CDRWs. Last one was auto same day as the first false alert appeared. My Bad other to old to be of any use as it was just after a fresh install and the addition of programs I feel are must have (Now probably outdated)

Pretty sure thing is hiding within c/drive/windows but this makes it dangerous to try to save Documents/ and e-mail.Right? Not that I would have illegal records of any tricks,cheats, or fixes in email. But I do have a really great joke section I hate to lose LOL!!!!

For now going back to research this darn thing,such for any related files I can Find any ware.And I do recall a site that mentioned using cmd prompt to access its directory. And Thanks To boopme, Last I checked that was at least working again.

Sincerely
UsaJapan aka Linda

Help
UsaJapan aka Linda :flowers: :trumpet:

#7 boopme

boopme

To Insanity and Beyond

• Global Moderator
  • 73,072 posts
  •  

Posted 08 August 2009 - 08:37 PM

OK a couple things ..
Avira is free but not a suite.
Run the McAfee removal tool first.
McAfee Consumer Product Removal Tool:http://download.mcafee.com/products/licensed/cust_support_patches/MCPR.exe

Run this online scan. It willl check for but not remove,but we will kknow if something is there.

Please do an online scan with Kaspersky WebScanner

Click on Kaspersky Online Scanner

You will be prompted to install an ActiveX component from Kaspersky, Click Yes.
  • The program will launch and then begin downloading the latest definition files:
  • Once the files have been downloaded click on NEXT
  • Now click on Scan Settings
  • In the scan settings make sure that the following are selected:
    • Scan using the following Anti-Virus database:
    Extended (if available otherwise Standard)
    • Scan Options:
    Scan Archives
    Scan Mail Bases
  • Click OK
  • Now under select a target to scan:Select My Computer
  • This will program will start and scan your system.
  • The scan will take a while so be patient and let it run.
  • Once the scan is complete it will display if your system has been infected.
    • Now click on the Save as Text button:
  • Save the file to your desktop.
  • Copy and paste that information in your next post.

#8 usajapan

usajapan
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 9 posts
  •  

Posted 08 August 2009 - 10:22 PM

Well I am trying the Kaspersky Online Scanner for the 3rd time. If I get this message again

You must be online to update the Kaspersky Online Scanner 7.0 database. With the latest database updates, you can find new viruses and other threats. Please go online to use Kaspersky Online Scanner 7.0. [ERROR: Key is expired]

2)Update has failed. Program has failed to start. Close the Kaspersky Online Scanner 7.0 window and open it again to install the program.

Did that then got this

"Update has failed. Program has failed to start. Close the Kaspersky Online Scanner 7.0 window and open it again to install the program. You must be online to update the Kaspersky Online Scanner 7.0 database. With the latest database updates, you can find new viruses and other threats. Please go online to use Kaspersky Online Scanner 7.0. [ERROR: Antivirus bases have been updated after key expiration]"

Went to Kaspersky Lab Technical Support
Looks Like I am Not the only one having problems
http://forum.kaspersky.com/index.php?showtopic=127604

I do not like bring on line with out anything.Kaspersky has free trial also a free beta tester trial. Beta tester trial seems to offer more options. Hopefully I can find the specific ones you asked for. Get you the information and post it . Plus not be without protection. Going for it now , Hope you agree?

Oh well beta only for Lynx, Looks like just the free Kaspersky Small Office Security

UsaJapan aka Linda
"Where there is a will there is a way."
*Where there is a way: There in lies the limitation*
Bruce Lee *-*

#9 boopme

boopme

To Insanity and Beyond

• Global Moderator
  • 73,072 posts
  •  

Posted 08 August 2009 - 10:57 PM

Yes use the trial then.. That is why I recommended the Avira. It is free,I use it and I wanted you to have something.The Kaspersky trial wil probaly remove what it finds.

#10 Computer Pro

Computer Pro

• Members
  • 2,448 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:27 AM

Posted 08 August 2009 - 11:01 PM

Yes, the Kaspersky trial is just like having the full program and removes everything that it finds. The only difference is that the trial expires in 30 days.
Computer Pro

#11 usajapan

usajapan
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 9 posts
  •  

Posted 09 August 2009 - 03:35 AM

2 U both?

The other programs I managed to install all found things, seemingly related but still not cured.Is Kaspersky Anti-Virus that much better? Very confused!!!!

Some/seems like quite a few. fillies are not getting checked.
For example
8/9/2009 00:44:11 File: C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\SolidDocuments\Installer\Solid Converter PDF\Linda L. Torres\solidconverter_pdf.msi//_7EE08DBD53D45284A8B6345F89C1C387/_27D3BEA7EB994C9EB7F7CFEDD369065A archive Embedded

The scanner is only finding a couple of things like
deleted: new threat not-a-virus:FraudTool.Win32.MalwareRomovalBot.b File: C:\Downloads\setupxv(2).exe//SmitFraudFixTool/SmitFraudFixTool.srv.exe

If task manager or trying to reinstall a program that in the past stated I had Fast AntiVirus 2009, Still says that. Would posting the log help.Should I still post the event log?

Sincerely
UsaJapan aka Linda

#12 boopme

boopme

To Insanity and Beyond

• Global Moderator
  • 73,072 posts
  •  

Posted 11 August 2009 - 11:58 AM

Yes please post that log and Rerun MBAM (MalwareBytes) like this:

Open MBAM in normal mode and click Update tab, select Check for Updates,when done
click Scanner tab,select Quick scan and scan (normal mode).
After scan click Remove Selected, Post new scan log and Reboot into normal mode.

#13 usajapan

usajapan
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 9 posts
  •  

Posted 11 August 2009 - 03:35 PM

:thumbsup:

CURSOR: What you become when your system crashes.

Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware 1.40
Database version: 2581
Windows 5.1.2600 Service Pack 3

8/11/2009 3:16:49 PM
mbam-log-2009-08-11 (15-16-43).txt

Scan type: Quick Scan
Objects scanned: 116068
Time elapsed: 11 minute(s), 57 second(s)

Memory Processes Infected: 0
Memory Modules Infected: 0
Registry Keys Infected: 0
Registry Values Infected: 0
Registry Data Items Infected: 2
Folders Infected: 0
Files Infected: 0

Memory Processes Infected:
(No malicious items detected)

Memory Modules Infected:

Registry Keys Infected:

Registry Values Infected:

Registry Data Items Infected:
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Security Center\AntiVirusDisableNotify (Disabled.SecurityCenter) -> Bad: (1) Good: (0) -> No action taken.
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Security Center\FirewallDisableNotify (Disabled.SecurityCenter) -> Bad: (1) Good: (0) -> No action taken.

Folders Infected:

Files Infected:
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Kaspersky Anti-Virus 6.0 for Windows Workstations ).txt
Detected

deleted: new threat not-a-virus:FraudTool.Win32.Antivirus360Remover.b File: C:\Downloads\setupxv(2).exe//SmitFraudFixTool/SmitFraudFixTool.exe
deleted: new threat not-a-virus:FraudTool.Win32.MalwareRomovalBot.b File: C:\Downloads\setupxv(2).exe//SmitFraudFixTool/SmitFraudFixTool.srv.exe
deleted: adware not-a-virus:AdWare.Win32.Rabio.gn File: C:\WINDOWS\Temp\000020F2
deleted: adware not-a-virus:AdWare.Win32.Rabio.gn File: G:\Fish Tycoon\Fossi\fo-fl203.zip/fo-fl203.exe
deleted: adware not-a-virus:AdWare.Win32.Rabio.gn File: G:\Fish Tycoon\Fossi\Fossi\fo-fl203.exe
deleted: Trojan program Trojan-Downloader.Win32.Agent.hym File: G:\My Downloads\clipartfree.exe//WiseSFXDropper//WISE0072.BIN
deleted: Trojan program Trojan-Downloader.Win32.Agent.hym File: G:\My Downloads\clipartfree.exe//WiseSFXDropper//WISE0073.BIN

Backup

Infected: adware not-a-virus:AdWare.Win32.Rabio.gn g:\fish tycoon\fossi\fossi\fo-fl203.exe 2.7 MB
Infected: Trojan program Trojan-Downloader.Win32.Agent.hym g:\my downloads\clipartfree.exe 8 MB
Infected: adware not-a-virus:AdWare.Win32.NewDotNet g:\my downloads\haunthsedt.exe 1.4 MB
Infected: adware not-a-virus:AdWare.Win32.Rabio.gn c:\windows\temp\000020f2 2.7 MB
Infected: adware not-a-virus:AdWare.Win32.NewDotNet g:\my downloads\dolphinfree.exe 3.0 MB
Infected: adware not-a-virus:AdWare.Win32.Rabio.gn g:\fish tycoon\fossi\fo-fl203.zip 4.8 MB

deleted: Trojan program Trojan-Downloader.Win32.Agent.hym File: G:\My Downloads\clipartfree.exe//WiseSFXDropper//WISE0074.BIN
deleted: Trojan program Trojan-Downloader.Win32.Agent.hym File: G:\My Downloads\clipartfree.exe//WiseSFXDropper//WISE0075.BIN
deleted: Trojan program Trojan-Downloader.Win32.Agent.hym File: G:\My Downloads\clipartfree.exe//WiseSFXDropper//WISE0076.BIN
deleted: Trojan program Trojan-Downloader.Win32.Agent.akyx File: G:\My Downloads\clipartfree.exe//WiseSFXDropper//WISE0077.BIN
deleted: adware not-a-virus:AdWare.Win32.NewDotNet File: G:\My Downloads\dolphinfree.exe//WiseSFXDropper//WISE0048.BIN
deleted: adware not-a-virus:AdWare.Win32.WebHancer.351 File: G:\My Downloads\dolphinfree.exe//WiseSFXDropper//WISE0049.BIN/whAgent.exe
deleted: adware not-a-virus:AdWare.Win32.WebHancer.381 File: G:\My Downloads\dolphinfree.exe//WiseSFXDropper//WISE0049.BIN/whInstaller.exe
deleted: adware not-a-virus:AdWare.Win32.WebHancer File: G:\My Downloads\dolphinfree.exe//WiseSFXDropper//WISE0049.BIN/whSurvey.exe
deleted: adware not-a-virus:AdWare.Win32.WebHancer.370 File: G:\My Downloads\dolphinfree.exe//WiseSFXDropper//WISE0049.BIN/webhdll.dll
deleted: adware not-a-virus:AdWare.Win32.WebHancer File: G:\My Downloads\dolphinfree.exe//WiseSFXDropper//WISE0049.BIN/whiehlpr.dll
deleted: adware not-a-virus:AdWare.Win32.Relevant.a File: G:\My Downloads\dolphinfree.exe//WiseSFXDropper//WISE0050.BIN
deleted: adware not-a-virus:AdWare.Win32.NewDotNet File: G:\My Downloads\haunthsedt.exe//WiseSFXDropper//WISE0015.BIN
deleted: adware not-a-virus:AdWare.Win32.Relevant.a File: G:\My Downloads\haunthsedt.exe//WiseSFXDropper//WISE0017.BIN
Evevts

Update distribution task started 8/9/2009 20:59:51
Update task started 8/9/2009 20:59:51
DNS name resolved 193.138.220.187 dnl-01.geo.kaspersky.com 8/9/2009 20:59:52
Update source is selected http://dnl-01.geo.kaspersky.com/ 8/9/2009 20:59:57
File download started index/6/u0607g.xml.dif 8/9/2009 20:59:57
File downloaded index/6/u0607g.xml.dif 8/9/2009 20:59:57 216 bytes
Creating the list of files to download 8/9/2009 20:59:57
File download started bases/aspy/aspy-0607g.xml.dif 8/9/2009 21:03:39
File downloaded bases/aspy/aspy-0607g.xml.dif 8/9/2009 21:03:40 894 bytes
File download started bases/as/pas/pas-0607g.xml.dif 8/9/2009 21:03:44
File downloaded bases/as/pas/pas-0607g.xml.dif 8/9/2009 21:03:44 626 bytes
File download started bases/av/avc/i386/av-i386-0607g.xml.dif 8/9/2009 21:03:46
File downloaded bases/av/avc/i386/av-i386-0607g.xml.dif 8/9/2009 21:03:46 627 bytes
File download started diffs/bases/aspy/aphish.dat.pyf 8/9/2009 21:04:53
File downloaded diffs/bases/aspy/aphish.dat.pyf 8/9/2009 21:04:53 1.7 KB
File download started diffs/bases/aspy/aphish.dat.fur 8/9/2009 21:04:53
File downloaded diffs/bases/aspy/aphish.dat.fur 8/9/2009 21:04:54 20 bytes
File download started bases/aspy/aphish.dat 8/9/2009 21:04:54
File downloaded bases/aspy/aphish.dat 8/9/2009 21:04:55 222.8 KB
File download started diffs/bases/as/pas/cfbase-s.gsg.wgc 8/9/2009 21:04:55
File downloaded diffs/bases/as/pas/cfbase-s.gsg.wgc 8/9/2009 21:04:55 1 KB
File download started diffs/bases/av/avc/i386/dailyc.avc.mxj 8/9/2009 21:04:55
File downloaded diffs/bases/av/avc/i386/dailyc.avc.mxj 8/9/2009 21:04:55 2.7 KB
File download started diffs/bases/av/avc/i386/daily-ec.avc.eqm 8/9/2009 21:04:55
File downloaded diffs/bases/av/avc/i386/daily-ec.avc.eqm 8/9/2009 21:04:55 406 bytes
Installing downloaded files 8/9/2009 21:04:57
File updated C:/Documents and Settings/All Users/Application Data/Kaspersky Lab/AVP6/Update distribution/bases/aspy/aspy-0607g.xml 8/9/2009 21:04:57
File updated C:/Documents and Settings/All Users/Application Data/Kaspersky Lab/AVP6/Update distribution/bases/as/pas/pas-0607g.xml 8/9/2009 21:04:57
File updated C:/Documents and Settings/All Users/Application Data/Kaspersky Lab/AVP6/Update distribution/bases/av/avc/i386/av-i386-0607g.xml 8/9/2009 21:04:57
File updated C:/Documents and Settings/All Users/Application Data/Kaspersky Lab/AVP6/Update distribution/index/6/u0607g.xml 8/9/2009 21:04:58
File updated C:/Documents and Settings/All Users/Application Data/Kaspersky Lab/AVP6/Update distribution/bases/aspy/aphish.dat 8/9/2009 21:04:58
File updated C:/Documents and Settings/All Users/Application Data/Kaspersky Lab/AVP6/Update distribution/bases/as/pas/cfbase-s.gsg 8/9/2009 21:04:58
File updated C:/Documents and Settings/All Users/Application Data/Kaspersky Lab/AVP6/Update distribution/bases/av/avc/i386/dailyc.avc 8/9/2009 21:04:58
File updated C:/Documents and Settings/All Users/Application Data/Kaspersky Lab/AVP6/Update distribution/bases/av/avc/i386/daily-ec.avc 8/9/2009 21:04:58
File updated C:/Documents and Settings/All Users/Application Data/Kaspersky Lab/AVP6/Bases/aspy-0607g.xml 8/9/2009 21:04:59
File updated C:/Documents and Settings/All Users/Application Data/Kaspersky Lab/AVP6/Bases/pas-0607g.xml 8/9/2009 21:04:59
File updated C:/Documents and Settings/All Users/Application Data/Kaspersky Lab/AVP6/Bases/av-i386-0607g.xml 8/9/2009 21:04:59
File updated C:/Documents and Settings/All Users/Application Data/Kaspersky Lab/AVP6/Data/u0607g.xml 8/9/2009 21:04:59
File updated C:/Documents and Settings/All Users/Application Data/Kaspersky Lab/AVP6/Bases/Stat/ap.stt 8/9/2009 21:04:59
File updated C:/Documents and Settings/All Users/Application Data/Kaspersky Lab/AVP6/Bases/Stat/adb.stt 8/9/2009 21:04:59
File updated C:/Documents and Settings/All Users/Application Data/Kaspersky Lab/AVP6/Bases/aphish.dat 8/9/2009 21:04:59
File updated C:/Documents and Settings/All Users/Application Data/Kaspersky Lab/AVP6/dskm/ap-0607g.krg 8/9/2009 21:04:59
File updated C:/Documents and Settings/All Users/Application Data/Kaspersky Lab/AVP6/dskm/adb-0607g.krg 8/9/2009 21:04:59
File updated C:/Documents and Settings/All Users/Application Data/Kaspersky Lab/AVP6/Bases/cfbase-s.gsg 8/9/2009 21:04:59
File updated C:/Documents and Settings/All Users/Application Data/Kaspersky Lab/AVP6/dskm/pas-0607g.krg 8/9/2009 21:04:59
File updated C:/Documents and Settings/All Users/Application Data/Kaspersky Lab/AVP6/Bases/dailyc.avc 8/9/2009 21:04:59
File updated C:/Documents and Settings/All Users/Application Data/Kaspersky Lab/AVP6/Bases/daily-ec.avc 8/9/2009 21:04:59
File updated C:/Documents and Settings/All Users/Application Data/Kaspersky Lab/AVP6/dskm/av-i386-0607g.krg 8/9/2009 21:05:00
Update distribution task completed successfully 8/9/2009 21:05:05
Update distribution task completed 8/9/2009 21:05:05
Update task completed 8/9/2009 21:05:05
Task completed 8/9/2009 21:05:05

TAG LINE FOR LINDA/UsaJapan
The # 1 Oxymoron Of All Times !!!!
MICROSOFT WORKS !

#14 boopme

boopme

To Insanity and Beyond

• Global Moderator
  • 73,072 posts
  •  

Posted 11 August 2009 - 04:20 PM

Hey you're funny :thumbsup:
We are looking very goood here.
MBAM is at 2605..
Rerun MBAM (MalwareBytes) like this:

click Scanner tab,select Quick scan and scan (normal mode).

#15 usajapan

usajapan
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 9 posts
  •  

Posted 12 August 2009 - 11:45 PM

Still do not have a task Manager.Some trial installs I have Still say Fast Antivirus 2009 must be removed? And less but still all things not normal.(like clock on military time.)Would you be so kind to explain what "MBAM is at 2605.." means? I am starting to think that instead of waiting I should start researching a new system since XP only has so long. I really did want to wait till they worked out more bugs And see if a system was going to be around at least several years.+ (need to do this anyway) start watching what the so called experts are rating and going to be rating Internet suites. and or go with individual programs.And utility suites/utilities.BTW I upgraded to Service pack 3 . And joking about things is better and usually less expensive then thrashing or kicking them LOL Cars includes.

Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware 1.40
Database version: 2612
Windows 5.1.2600 Service Pack 3

8/12/2009 3:23:23 PM
mbam-log-2009-08-12 (15-23-23).txt

Scan type: Quick Scan
Objects scanned: 117994
Time elapsed: 13 minute(s), 42 second(s)

Memory Processes Infected: 0
Memory Modules Infected: 0
Registry Keys Infected: 0
Registry Values Infected: 0
Registry Data Items Infected: 0
Folders Infected: 0
Files Infected: 0

Memory Processes Infected:

Memory Modules Infected:

Registry Keys Infected:

Registry Values Infected:

Registry Data Items Infected:

Folders Infected:

Files Infected:
:thumbsup: Sincerely UsaJapan aka Linda
-----------------------------------------------
Murphy's Laws of Computing

* When computing, whatever happens, behave as though you meant
it to happen.
* When you get to the point where you really understand your
computer,it's probably obsolete.
* The first place to look for information is in the section of the
manual where you least expect to find it.
* When the going gets tough, upgrade.
* For every action, there is an equal and opposite malfunction.
* To err is human . . . To blame your computer for your mistakes
is even more human, it is downright natural.
* If at first you do not succeed, blame your computer.
* A complex system that does not work is invariably found to have
evolved from a simpler system that worked perfectly.
* The number one cause of computer problems? Computer solutions
offered by family members.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users