Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Replace HDD Sony Vaio VGN NR330E

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 ladygrey

ladygrey

• Members
  • 8 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:24 PM

Posted 05 August 2009 - 04:34 PM

I need to replace a HDD in this laptop. Other number listed on the bottom of the case is PCG 7113L. A search of both of these numbers has yielded little in the way of actual disassembly instructions. If any one could point me to a manual or has any personal experience with this laptop I would appreciate very much if you would pass it on to me.
Thanks very much.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 hamluis

hamluis

• 56,577 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:24 PM

Posted 05 August 2009 - 05:04 PM

http://esupport.sony.com/US/perl/model-doc...dl=VGN-NR330E/S

Louis

#3 ladygrey

ladygrey
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 8 posts
  •  

Posted 06 August 2009 - 09:13 AM

Louis thank you very much for your time and trouble but I'm afraid that all Sony gives you are some instructions on replacing RAM.
Thanks again.
LG :thumbsup:

#4 ladygrey

ladygrey
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 8 posts
  •  

Posted 10 August 2009 - 10:57 AM

I have since been able to access the HDD in this computer. I turned the laptop over and removed every screw on the bottom. I made a map and placed each screw on the map as I discovered that some of the screws were different. The HDD was hiding down in the lower right corner in it's caddy. There was one last screw holding in the USB ports I removed that and flipped up the ports being extremely careful of the wires. The HDD then slid out and up. This is an SATA drive and there were no cables or ribbons. I removed the HDD from it's caddy via 4 very small screws and now I'm just waiting for the new HDD to get here. I think that's going to be the hard part, getting this up and running again. I have disks for this laptop but if they don't work then I would guess that a copy of XP home and the valid key on the bottom of the laptop will get it going. Then I'll just have to go on a driver hunt.

#5 ladygrey

ladygrey
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 8 posts
  •  

Posted 11 August 2009 - 09:02 PM

made a mistake the darn thing is running Vista (cringe) Home Premium. If I'd known that from the get go I would have refused to work on it.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users