Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

USB devices not detected

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 7heRollzRoyce

7heRollzRoyce

• Members
  • 38 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:26 AM

Posted 05 August 2009 - 01:54 PM

For the last few months my parents have said they couldn't get any devices connected to the desktop to work including flashdrives, the printer, Iphone, etc. I just joined this forum and while looking through the site I saw a post about WinsecureAv being a misleading program. Sure enough that was what my parents were using to "protect" the computer. I downloaded, updated and ran MBAM. It found and removed 1143 risks.

Now the printer works but I still get this error message when I plug in the flashdrive.

"USB Device not Recognized." "One of the Devices attached to the computer has malfunctioned and Windows does not recognize it."

Any Ideas?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Trinpim

Trinpim

• Banned
  • 11 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:26 AM

Posted 07 August 2009 - 04:38 AM

You can try it in the rear USB port of your desktop, or just go to the device management to check if your coomputer dectect it

#3 ThunderZ

ThunderZ

• Deactivated
  • 4,454 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:26 AM

Posted 07 August 2009 - 06:25 AM

First to make sure the PC is totally clean I would consider posting HERE.

Once possible infections\damage by infections is ruled out hardware issues can be much easier to resolve.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users