Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

problems installing/uninstalling programs

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 bondhillboy

bondhillboy

• Members
  • 18 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:34 AM

Posted 05 August 2009 - 09:29 AM

When I try to install or uninstall a program I receive "windows installer could not be accessed" message. I am using vista home premium 32-bit operating system. Any help will be greatly appreciated!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 DeathStalker

DeathStalker

• Banned
  • 868 posts
  •  

Posted 05 August 2009 - 04:12 PM

Try METHOD ONE from HERE. I know it says it's for XP and Windows server 2003, but METHOD ONE works for Vista as well. Do not do anything else from that KB if METHOD ONE does not work. JUST DO METHOD ONE. (LOL Was I clear enough about just using method one?)

If that doesn't work, download and run the Windows Stand Alone Installer. You will want the one that says
"Windows6.0-KB942288-v2-x86.msu" it is the 4th one on the list under the heading "Files in this Download."

If neither of those work we can try something else. If either one works for you, please let me know. Thanks.

#3 bondhillboy

bondhillboy
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 18 posts
  •  

Posted 09 August 2009 - 06:22 AM

Before I could try either of your methods for solving my problem, I ended up having to run a complete system recovery. I was trying to solve the problem without really knowing what I was doing and got to the point where my computer would not start up.

Still appreciate your response to my question.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users