Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Can't get logged into .NET thru IE

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 noonytunes

noonytunes

• Members
  • 663 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:09 PM

Posted 07 September 2004 - 06:31 PM

:thumbsup: [FONT=Optima][SIZE=7][COLOR=blue] Hi! I was very pleased with the help I got from your site when my IE got hijacked. I followed your instructions and got that under control. However, since then, I can't get logged onto .NET through Internet Explorer. I can access my msn e-mail by way of the Mozilla Firefox browser, but it is limited. I finally worked it out to get to msn game zone through IE, but I don't get signed into my msn groups as a member. There are things I feel I need IE for. Please help. Oh, I have e-mailed support staff for .NET and microsoft, and they have not been any help. This was going on before, but I recently downloaded Svc Pk2. It hasn't helped either. I tried to download IE over again. That didn't help. I hope you have some ideas. Thanx. :flowers:

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 cowsgonemadd3

cowsgonemadd3

Feed me some spyware!

• Banned
  • 4,557 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:09 PM

Posted 07 September 2004 - 07:14 PM

Is there any errors? I use .net to and msn...I go to zone.com too! (automan8266 there lol) Just curious if there is a error message that comes up?

#3 phawgg

phawgg

Learning Daily

• Members
  • 4,543 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:09 PM

Posted 07 September 2004 - 08:42 PM

Hi, Nancy. :thumbsup: This won't be THE answer, but something to consider.

I had problems associated with .Net also. Some from a couple months ago, and again more recently. I talk about it below.

----------------------------------------------------
I had just reloaded winxp fresh. I'd finished all the critical and optional updates. I was going to do the updates for the Office SR-1 Professional software last, before installing SP2...
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Back to Windows Update for Office Updates

but first, 3 more critical updates are on the list again: (Edit: the list at Windows Update site had been reduced to zero, earlier. Some I'd done already had re-appeared as still needed)

Windows XP Hotfix KB 839643
Windows XP Hotfix KB 810217
Security Update for Windows XP or WinXP SP1 Internet Information Services 5.1 (IIS)
this was no doubt due to the fact I hadn't installed the additional XP program, Microsoft .NET Framework at the installation and had updated to the 1.1 version without it...
------------------------------------------------------- from another post
long thread re: SP2

The thought I'm attempting to share is that not only is IE involved with the .NET Framework 1.0 and it's update 1.1, but it was possible for me to install the update to a program that did not exist on my machine at the time. I had to install it from my OS disk after the regular installation. Can you do that? These matters tend to frustrate me, and I know its no help to pass that on to you, but I thought I give you something to think about while The Answer temporarily eludes us.

Please be patient, someone who knows is bound to come along. :flowers:

Edited by phawgg, 07 September 2004 - 08:49 PM.

patiently patrolling, plenty of persisant pests n' problems ...

#4 noonytunes

noonytunes
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 663 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:09 PM

Posted 08 September 2004 - 11:42 AM

:flowers: [FONT=Optima][SIZE=7][COLOR=blue] Hi! Thanks for responding. Here it is:
When I go to log on into hotmail (I used to be able to go directly w/out signing in), I get .NET Passport sign-in. My msn e-mail address is already typed in. I enter my password, then get this message (printed in red): .NET Passport service is currently unavailable at this website for one of these reasons: (then, printed in black) The site may contain an error or be experiencing a problem that affects the .NET Passport service. The site may not be an official .NET Passport-participating site. You can: Return to this site later and try to sign in or register again, sign in or register for .NET Passport at another .NET Passport-participating site Directory.
BUT!!! this comes up on a MSN Hotmail page and I get the same message trying other .NET sites. I get this message repeatedly, each and every time. :thumbsup: Thanks, nancy
noonytunes

#5 Grinler

Grinler

Lawrence Abrams

• Admin
  • 43,640 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:09 PM

Posted 09 September 2004 - 07:13 PM

Post a new log in the Hijackthis forum and we will see if we can see anything

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users