Hello,this may be a nasty rootkit.Please post your last MBAM log.
The log is automatically saved and can be viewed by clicking the Logs
tab in MBAM.
Copy and paste the contents of that report in your next reply. Be sure to post the complete log to include the top portion which shows MBAM's database version and your operating system.We Need to check for Rootkits with RootRepeal
- Download RootRepeal from the following location and save it to your desktop:
- Extract RootRepeal.exe from the zip archive.
- Open on your desktop.
- Click the tab.
- Click the button.
- Check all six boxes:
- Push Ok
- Check the box for your main system drive (Usually C:), and press Ok.
- Allow RootRepeal to run a scan of your system. This may take some time.
- Once the scan completes, push the button. Save the log to your desktop, using a distinctive name, such as RootRepeal.txt. Include this report in your next reply, please.
EDIT about this backdoor trojan...
A backdoor Trojan can allow an attacker to
gain control of the system, log keystrokes, steal passwords, access personal
data, send malevolent outgoing traffic, and close the security warning
messages displayed by some anti-virus and security programs.
I would advise you to disconnect this PC from the Internet, and then go to
a known clean computer and change any passwords or security information held
on the infected computer. In particular, check whatever relates to online
banking financial transactions, shopping, credit cards, or sensitive
personal information. It is also wise to contact your financial institutions
to apprise them of your situation.
We will do our best to clean the computer of any infections seen on the log.
However, because of the nature of this Trojan, I cannot offer a total
guarantee that there are no remnants left in the system, or that the
computer will be trustworthy.
Many security experts believe that once infected with this type of Trojan,
the best course of action is to reformat and reinstall the Operating System.
Making this decision is based on what the computer is used for, and what
information can be accessed from it.
Edited by boopme, 05 August 2009 - 03:05 PM.