Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Fatal System Error

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 trucol

trucol

• Members
  • 54 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:11 PM

Posted 04 August 2009 - 04:12 PM

My son's Acer Aspire laptop is running Windows XP Media. He is gettng a BSOD that says:

STOP: c000021a (Fatal System Error)
The Windows Logon Process system process terminated unexpectedly with a status of 0x0eedfade (0x0000000 0x00000000).
The system has been shut down.

The computer reboots, goes through all the normal startup processes, then comes the BSOD again.
It will not boot into safe mode. It loads the drivers, then comes the BSOD and reboot.
I have tried inserting my XP Professional disk and restarting, hoping to do a repair, but it will not boot from the cd.

He says that the only thing he did was download a patch for World of Warcraft. When he rebooted, was when the BSOD appeared.

I would appreciate any help on this matter.

T.C.

:thumbsup:

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 hamluis

hamluis

• 55,260 posts
  •  

Posted 04 August 2009 - 04:23 PM

Done any recent malware scans?

Can you get into the BIOS?

Louis

#3 trucol

trucol
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 54 posts
  •  

Posted 04 August 2009 - 04:34 PM

He didn't do one before he rebooted after the patch download. I was just able to get into the bios and am now booting from my XP Pro cd. Any suggestions from there?

Edited by trucol, 04 August 2009 - 04:44 PM.

#4 hamluis

hamluis

• 55,260 posts
  •  

Posted 04 August 2009 - 06:00 PM

Since you can get into the BIOS...I just wanted to suggest changing the boot options and trying a repair of XP.

My guess is that it's malware, based on the other threads I've glanced at.

The official word follows, courtesy of the AUMHA website:

0xC000021A: STATUS_SYSTEM_PROCESS_TERMINATED
This occurs when Windows switches into kernel mode and a user-mode subsystem, such as Winlogon or the Client Server Runtime Subsystem (CSRSS), is compromised. Security can no longer be guaranteed. Because Win XP canít run without Winlogon or CSRSS, this is one of the few situations where the failure of a user-mode service can cause the system to stop responding. This Stop message also can occur as a result of malware infestation or when the computer is restarted after a system administrator has modified permissions so that the SYSTEM account no longer has adequate permissions to access system files and folders.

Louis

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users